Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Tweaking for Registered Users to Upload Public Categories/Albums  (Read 5078 times)

deslim80

• Coppermine newbie

At present, registered users can only upload pictures into the public categories/albums.

Want to be able to allow registered users to be able to upload public categories and albums like administrator, except that once it is upload, it cannot be modified/edited except by admin.

I hope that this is clear enough for bidders of this project. :)

And I also hope that this is easily done and possible, with the tweaking of some template files.

Code to be replaced should be finished by bidder before payment and payment will be immediate once code replacement is implemented successfully.

Will pay $30 for this small project (just one feature tweak)

Look forward to seeing bidders
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 02:50:53 pm by Joachim Müller »

SaWey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • SaWey.be
Re: Tweaking for Registered Users to Upload Public Categories/Albums
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 04:57:55 am »

It's not that small of a feature, a lot of the core code has to be modified to do that.
In CPG 1.5.x, this feature will be built in.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 08:13:15 am »

And I also hope that this is easily done and possible, with the tweaking of some template files.
Nope, not easy - not at all. Not just a question of some beautification of the template. As SaWey suggested: you will hardly find someone who will do this, particularly not for this budget. I wouldn't do it for $300.
Has been requested very often already. If it would have been easy, someone would already have accomplished it, or we would have added it to the core long time ago. As suggested, you'll have to wait for cpg1.5.x or hire a freelancer to backport the feature from cpg1.5.x to cpg1.4.x. Anyway, the budget is way to small for the amount of work kthat needs to be done.

deslim80

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 08:29:28 am »

Thanks for the reply!

Well, guess it wouldn't be a small matter after all.  :(

So when will 1.5 come out?  I can't wait for this feature to be implemented, believe that it is a good one.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 08:40:14 am »

There is no scheduled release date for cpg1.5.x
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.