Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Users to upload before viewing  (Read 2961 times)

onuzu

• Coppermine novice
Users to upload before viewing
« on: March 13, 2008, 12:51:22 pm »

Long time ago there was a hack to make users upload at least 3 photos before being allowed to view large images, I've searched the forum but can't find it. Can anybody help me with this mod?

Thanks in advance.

Halfhidden

Re: Users to upload before viewing
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 10:56:35 pm »

What are you trying to achieve here? Things have moved on since a long time ago. Am I right in thinking that you want your users to upload three files before they can gain unrestricted access to your Coppermine site?

onuzu

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 02:37:39 am »

There are people that just registered to make bad comments on others photos, so I want to set that before you view large pics, you'll have to have photos of you. It's a gallery of people and the women complain of some of the comments, faceless people make.

Halfhidden

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 03:43:45 pm »

Why not create a group in Coppermine and give that group the rights to upload to their own private gallery but not the rights to post comments. That way they are blocked from posting comments on any pictures in your gallery. Make new users members of that group until you are satisfied that they are conforming with your wishes. Later, once your satisfied that they are posting genuine pictures, you can promote them to the Cpg_Registered users group and they will have the rights to post comments to pictures.
In admin mode under config> comments settings you should enable Filter bad words in comments, so long as this has been populated this will help keep those kind of words off your site. You should have Notify admin of comments by email enabled so's that when comments are posted you get notified immediately, then you can remove the comments quickly and deal with the member often before anyone else has seen the comment.

Also, every album in Coppermine has the setting to prevent anyone from posting comments. So those members who don't want comments posted about their pictures can go into the album properties and choose Visitors can post comments and set this option to no.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.