Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple of bugs/errors?  (Read 3031 times)

volodomd

• Coppermine newbie
    • Software for animal shelters
Couple of bugs/errors?
« on: April 04, 2004, 02:29:40 pm »

Hi,

First I'd like to congratulate you on such a great photo management system.

I do have a couple of issues with it, probably nothing serious, but I couldn't find any solutions by searching these forums, so here goes:

1) When I add pictures the "lastalb" part of the page is not updated - it has been updated only once - when I uploaded the very first pictures. That's it - it's frozen at that date now.

2) When I'm viewing photos (in the filmstrip style) and then click on "Categories", it gives me a Critical Error: "There was an error while processing a database query" - this is the debug mode output for that part:

While executing query "SELECT c.pid, filepath, filename, url_prefix, filesize, pwidth, pheight, ctime, msg_id, author_id, msg_author, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(msg_date) as msg_date, msg_body, aid FROM cpg11d_comments as c, cpg11d_pictures as p WHERE approved = 'YES' AND c.pid = p.pid AND cpg11d_pictures.aid IN (9,10,11,12,13)  ORDER by msg_id DESC  LIMIT 0 ,4" on 0

mySQL error: Unknown table 'cpg11d_pictures' in where clause

I'm fluent with both PHP and MySQL and I'd appreciate any help you can shed on these two issues.

Oh, and are there any preliminary dates for 1.3 release?

Thanks!
MCP, MCSD
Software for animal shelters - http://www.smartpethealth.com

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Couple of bugs/errors?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 02:57:37 pm »

Don't know why you have your problems, but version 1.3.0beta was released for public testing on Friday.   You can get it Here
Please note there is no support for this version yet, as it is not yet guarenteed stable, and is not recommended for live sites (yet)
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

volodomd

• Coppermine newbie
Couple of bugs/errors?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 03:29:47 pm »

Thanks casper, but this beta - does it incorporate everything that has been discussed in the 1.3 beta forum? What I mean is, how raw is it? How close is it to a final production?

I'm running just a family photo site (I live in one country and my family in another), so nothing too serious, but I wouldn't want to lose the 80+ photo descriptions I have there right now. Does it have any known issues/bugs?
MCP, MCSD

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Couple of bugs/errors?
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 03:50:52 pm »

"cpg1.3.0 testing/bugs": all threads that have [solved] or [fixed] in the subject line have been, well... fixed for the current beta version, so imo there are no actual show-stoppers left. I'm pretty sure it won't ruin your gallery or make your pics disapear, but anyway: you should always backup before modifying any piece of software.
Really, it's quite stable, I can recommend it.

Regarding your "issues": please do only post one question per thread (makes tracking errors and support requests much easier) next time.

"lastalb" is the list of last updated albums - unless you create new albums, it will stay the same. The lastalb option is meant for sites that change their content very often, not for family picture sites. You may want to go for "lastup" instead.

GauGau

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Couple of bugs/errors?
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 03:54:47 pm »

My own personal view is that you would find it fine for what you want.
I am using it without any problems.  
We hope we have ironed out the bugs during the non-public beta testing, but cannot be sure.   In fact like all releases of all programs, I would be gobsmacked if no small bugs get found.  

But because we cannot be sure, we cannot yet call it stable, and recommend it replace 1.2.1.

I think all the features promised are there, including multiple file upload by html, ability to upload video, music and text files etc.

I suggest you try it out initially with a seperate install if you have the space.

Note, the lastalb thing shows the last created album, not the last one updated.  I will raise that on the dev forum.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Couple of bugs/errors?
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 04:00:58 pm »

@ gaugau, if the lastalb is supposed to work this way, I suggest a change to the language files, to change from 'last updated' to 'last created'.

volodomd

• Coppermine newbie
Couple of bugs/errors?
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 04:01:54 pm »

Ok, thank you - I'll try to install it and see how it goes about solving my issues.

I understand about "lastalb" now and I removed it, but it wasn't clear to me from the docs before, so perhaps that part needs a bit of clarification.

I have a new question related to the upgrade then - I'm using a "Klaws" theme and "Russian_short" language - will they be all right the way they are right now or should I get newer copies somewhere (if available)?
MCP, MCSD

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Couple of bugs/errors?
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004, 04:09:29 pm »

Hi,

at the moment there is no russian language file for 1.3.0, and no-one has agreed to do it afaik, voluteer wanted  :wink: .  You cannot use the 1.2.1 version with 1.3.0.

For the future, would you please ask new questions on new threads, even threads you started.  1 question, 1 thread.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Couple of bugs/errors?
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2004, 04:11:30 pm »

You will have to modify your theme.  Instructions for that are Here
edit;  This has turned into a 1.3 support thread, so now lockin it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.