Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Newly added users / group have vanished.  (Read 3247 times)

_Mr_T_

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Newly added users / group have vanished.
« on: March 10, 2008, 05:55:22 pm »

CPG1.4.14/MySQL5.1.11/PHP5.2.5 on clean Win2003. Install went fine.

Created 16 users yesterday and a variety of groups. Gave permissions to users in respective groups.  All users / groups have been visible until today when they have vanished. I.e. only the default users / groups are present. Two users had logged in OK.

Why I try to login with the existing users that I created, it says Welcome <USER> but then the login link is still active as if I am not logged in.
If I try to create the same user again, it says that the user still exists.
When I check in MySQL, I can see the user accounts and they look fine.

I am not running with any plugins but the failure may have come about when I went to the bridging wizard to see what was there or when uploading a zip file.  I have not set up any bridges.  Debuging enabled but no useful info in logs.

I don't really want to delete the users from the MySQL tablespace and would like to better understand this problem and the cause.

Has anyone got any clues?  Thanks for you help.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 06:12:47 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Newly added users / group have vanished.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 05:56:39 pm »

The bridging wizard probably reset your groups. Create them again in the same order and you should be fine.

_Mr_T_

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Newly added users / group have vanished.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 06:04:37 pm »

For reference, I have also rebooted the system and the problem remains.
I have logged in from other PC's to clarify this is not a browser caching issue.

For the record, I looked at the groups table and noticed that my extra groups had been deleted.
As I recreated them, they began to come back.

Nibbler - you are the best.  Thanks so much for the prompt response.

_Mr_T_

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [Solved]: Newly added users / group have vanished.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 06:18:24 pm »

For the benefit of other users, this has been externally verified and the problem is resolved.

Because I didn't get the order of Groups correct when recreating, I was able to use the MySQL Admin Tool to swap around the rows.

If this 'feature' can be replicated, could it be marked as a known issue for the benefit of others?

Thanks again.

Nibbler

Re: [Solved]: Newly added users / group have vanished.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 06:22:39 pm »

You'd need to post exactly what you did and use the latest stable version of Coppermine (1.4.16) for a valid bug report. Group resync should only happen at the final step of bridging or during emergency recovery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.