Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imageslider- slideshow adapted for Coppermine  (Read 17858 times)

Marius

• Coppermine newbie
    • Desktop Wallpapers RO
Imageslider- slideshow adapted for Coppermine
« on: March 09, 2008, 01:10:11 pm »

Hi
Since i can't start a new topic in Modifications/Hacks, i'll post this here, if moderators can move to apropriate section, please do so..

Here is my first contribution for a great gallery script, Coppermine, wich personnaly i use it for 3 years now.
I adapted this slideshow for standalone Coppermine gallery v1.4.x, not a code master myself, but hey, it's working for me.
I don't know if original script is GPL licensed, but feel free to use and modify my adaptation, released under GPL.

No core modifications of Coppermine needed, just some css styling according to your likings.

How to use:
Simply put the folder "imageslider" and the file "imageslider.php" from zip package in your gallery root, where your index page is located, and call it with an "include" in "anycontent.php", like:

Code: [Select]
<div align="center">
   <?php include 'imageslider.php'?>
 </div>

and you're done!

This is pretty much i can do with my skills, maybe some improvements can be done, and make this a great plugin, but my work is done, also if you need support don't PM or email me since i'm not able to help you, rather post here and someone will help you with this.

Download attached package:

Marius

• Coppermine newbie
    • Desktop Wallpapers RO
Re: Imageslider- slideshow adapted for Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 01:14:33 pm »

Forgot to post a working demo link  ;D
Don't know why i can't edit my post  ???

Regards,
Marius

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 01:34:40 pm »

I don't know if original script is GPL licensed, but feel free to use and modify my adaptation, released under GPL.
If you don't know the license the original has been released under, you can't release your resulting hack under GNU GPL.

Don't know why i can't edit my post  ???
Regular users can't due to abuse in the past.

Marius

• Coppermine newbie
    • Desktop Wallpapers RO
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 01:49:42 pm »

If you don't know the license the original has been released under, you can't release your resulting hack under GNU GPL.
Ok, didn't know that, my mistake, no GPL then, but still, if someone want to modify this script, what needs to be done to ensure that no license rule is broken?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 02:43:50 pm »

As far as I can see, the script you're using basically is mootools, which is being released under the MIT license, which is compatible to be used within GNU GPL projects. You now need to find out about the license for Gavick Pro, since you're using that as well - you may want to contact the author of that mod - their terms & conditions page is very strict though: you're allowed to modify their scripts and use them, but you're not allowed to re-package. Not sure if this is MIT-compliant, but in my eyes this rules out to publish your hack here. You might want to re-consider your release.

Marius

• Coppermine newbie
    • Desktop Wallpapers RO
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 03:07:42 pm »

Mail sent to author, waiting for reply...
I have read their terms, but they reffer only to paid templates, dunno if that applies to free modules aswell..
Anyway, let's wait for their answer...

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 10:14:14 pm »

I've used a Gavick template before and they got quite stroppy when I modified one of their scripts to behave how I wanted it to. I didn't change their copywright etc, just the styling.

The slider you use is I believe based on a modified version of this.

http://smoothgallery.jondesign.net/showcase/gallery/#myGallery-picture(6)

This is released on a do what you want with GPL license it basis so you may want to modify this to look like the Gavic one or as you require.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Marius

• Coppermine newbie
    • Desktop Wallpapers RO
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 07:14:44 pm »

Thanks for pointing at that Phil, didn't think this could be a derivative work fron Jon's script.
Anyway, still no answer from the author or Gavick Pro, so i guess they are too bussy to give a simple answer.

In conclusion, who wants to use and modify the imageslider, do it on your own responsibility, there is no guarantee that the original script is GNU GPL, in fact it is not licensed at all in the source code downloaded for free from their site, only a copyright note...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.