Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is the photogallery refreshing ENTIRE SITE???  (Read 1889 times)

VIP855

• Coppermine newbie
Why is the photogallery refreshing ENTIRE SITE???
« on: September 10, 2008, 07:38:51 am »

Hi guys,

I was just wondering why when you click on NEXT or previous IMAGE arrow the ENTIRE website needs to be refreshed?? Can you just make it so that ONLY the picture changes? It is BIG time issue to have the entire site refreshed everytime you click on a link or next image. Please think of a change for this guys.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Why is the photogallery refreshing ENTIRE SITE???
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 07:54:57 am »

We're aware of this and are currently in the process of "Ajaxifying" those features to make only those sections of the page reload that actually need to be reloaded. However, it's not just the pic that needs to be reloaded, but the "surrounding" information as well. Additionally, you have an issue with the URL not changing: the same drawback that applies to the use of frames applies to that as well.
Bottom line: that's not easy to accomplish, so don't expect a solution pretty soon. Not sure if this is going t o go into the next release. However, there are some plugins that do what you're up to (like Highslide etc.) that you can use for what you're up to.
The question "why" doesn't apply in your case. It doesn't make sense to ask why something has been built the way it is. Instead, just propose your changes. In your case, the change already has been proposed and the devs are aware of it. Personally, I can't see the actual benefit though: a slim theme design and some anchors on the page are all it takes for visitors on decent internet connections to have a nice browsing experience.

VIP855

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Why is the photogallery refreshing ENTIRE SITE???
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 08:04:16 am »

thanks for the quick reply, I am new to Coppermine and I really like it, but as you might be aware, not a lot of users have decent ISP connectivity so if the page refreshes after each click it can be very painfull in the b...  but it is nice to know that you guys are aware of it. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.