Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Paid mods that can then be donated to the forum for free  (Read 6030 times)

Halfhidden

I know it sounds odd, but I've been overwhelmed by the generosity of this board. I am about to launch a none profit organisation spring boarded from coppermine. So I would like to do more with the software than is presently possible. I have a phbbb3 bridge and a pomo newsletter mass mailing script. I'm happy with them all but I'd like some more integration. most of my requests are very specific so I need to know who would be interested in working with me? This is not an immediate project as I have to finalise funding.
But to give you a flavour of the chores i ask:
A universal theme (so that both forum and gallery look the same)
Avatar shared between gallery and forum
Star rating. for those who have uploaded more than others and can be recognised as an important person on the site.
I'm looking for a long term commitment from possibly more than one person. I have two goals. 1 to advance my site to new levels and 2 to give away free (in the spirit of this site and those who work within it) the mods that are developed at my cost.
Contact me if you think you can help?
Regards,
Steff
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 02:49:50 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Paid mods that can then be donated to the forum for free
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 02:36:16 pm »

The template engines of coppermine and phpbb differ to a great extent, so you probably won't be able to accomplish a pattern where you can use one theme for both apps without hacking at least one of those apps beyond recognition. So I suggest to come up with documentation instead: people should be able to use a theme they designed for coppermine in phpbb or vice versa by creating another theme for the other application based on the initial theme. For that purpose, you should come up with a documentation about the stylesheet classes and what they have in common.
Some of the targets of your project are already being taken care of in cpg1.5.x, so instead of starting another project I rather suggest looking into the future of coppermine and working on that version.
You're of course welcome to do what you're up to (starting a sub-project), but I rather suggest to start becoming familiar with cpg1.5.x development (read the preliminary docs) and performing a checkout of the subversion repository. In fact, we're always fond of testers, contributors and potential dev team members.
Instead of coming up with mods, I rather suggest getting familiar with the plugin architecture, which is much more powerfull and easier to maintain. Of course, if you decide to follow your initial notion and come up with mods and contribute them, we're fond of that as well. But, as suggested above: I can see more potential if you decide to do as I suggested.

Joachim

Halfhidden

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 03:24:31 pm »

Thanks for the advice. I would like to embrace Coppermine 1.5 on its release. I think you reasoning is good. It makes perfect sense to build on the very latest version. You are also correct that any future work I have carried out should be in Plugin form rather than mod.
I'll hang fire to this project for the time being and wait for the newer version of Coppermine.
Regards,
Steff

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 03:31:42 pm »

I have promoted you to tester status, which will not give you more priviledges than you currently have. But, it will give you access to the cpg1.5.x pre-release and the corresponding announcement threads earlier.

Halfhidden

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 03:33:14 pm »

Thanks.

Halfhidden

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 01:18:31 am »

I think I've found an issue. but cannot post it to the 1.5 forum. I can only read the forum. Is this because it is still an Alfa rather than a beta release? In which case I'll happily wait and post my findings if they are still valid or when the forum becomes a beta.
regards,
Steff

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 08:08:23 am »

Nobody but the devs can post there, as the development stage is still too early. We're aware that there are still a load of bugs that need to be ironed out. Please write all issues down. Once the public testing stage starts, review the issues you found against the checkout that will then be the most recent one. If the issue then still exists, post it (you'll be able to do so then).

Halfhidden

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 11:25:46 am »

Ok Thanks, that's good. I'll do that and keep the version up to date through the checkout. It's a very significant version. I like it. I'll kill the posting until the beta testing release is ready.
Regards,
Steff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.