Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: PHP 5.2.5 BROKE BATCH ADD  (Read 2672 times)

radox

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: PHP 5.2.5 BROKE BATCH ADD
« on: March 06, 2008, 02:25:16 am »

Ok, first off, I know this isn't a PHP support forum. I spent hours on this board and google with no resolve. PHP was upgraded on me and it broke the batch add feature. I'm looking for an answer and not a smart comment. If you experienced this AND FOUND A SOLUTION, please reply. My issue has nothing to do with permissions, I promise. Sorry to get sassy, but some of your responses on this board are down right ridiculous. So to repeat, IF YOU FOUND A SOLUTION - PLEASE POST ONLY. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 05:02:27 pm by Nibbler »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: PHP 5.2.5 BROKE BATCH ADD
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 04:01:50 am »

Did you read the sticky in the upload board, to which I had moved your thread? I can't assume you did since you only mentioned permissions, whereas the sticky points to many other factors.

btw, no need to be rude to people from whom you are asking for support. This is a volunteer effort after all and it's the rude, ungrateful, and non-RTFM users who wear away at supporters eventually.

radox

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 03:52:37 pm »

I did say I was sorry to get sassy in my original post. I REALLY thought PHP 5.2.5 broke Coppermine and honestly didn't think my php.ini settings were the issue since I've been using the same values for such a long time.

I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE TO ALL USERS. BELOW ARE THE SETTINGS THAT FIXED BATCH ADDING FOR ME. THE VALUES SEEM A LITTLE HIGH.

max_execution_time = 1200     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 360   ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 32M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

THANKS AGAIN FOR POINTING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

radox

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 04:23:44 pm »

To add to my post, here are some very close execution times:

To add 30 5MB JPG's

Clicking "Batch Add" to create "Thumbs" = approx 1.5 minutes
Clicking "Insert Selected Files" to create "Normal" = 3 minutes

Using PHP Fast CGI, the php-cgi.exe process ran at about 37-40MB

So, to add 30 5MB JPG's your php.ini file should read (on the safe side):

max_execution_time = 600     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 300   ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 42M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

Adjust accordingly for larger JPG's (ie 8MB) or adding more files, greater than 30

I hope this helps and makes up for my "rudeness". Of course don't forget the other php.ini settings that are needed found in this forums's sticky. Thanks again guys for making the best photo gallery out there!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.