Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal Server Error after install  (Read 2967 times)

JerryPie

• Coppermine newbie
Internal Server Error after install
« on: April 03, 2004, 09:54:02 pm »

Hello,
Nubee here.  I installed CPG 1.2.1 via cPanel (Fantastico).  The installation shows successful install.  However, when I click on the install location (as shown in the confirmation email) I see the following:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request...

I've tried it on two different web sites. I've searched the forum and could not find this same error. Can anyone identify the issue here?

Site Data (as shown in cPanel):
Kernel: 2.4.24-grsec
Apache version: 1.3.29 (Unix)
MySQL version: 4.0.18-standard
Installation location: http://finishlineconstruction.net/gallery/

Jerry
Insert Signature Here

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 12:27:00 am »

The Fantastico mod is a user contribution that has never been explored that much, so you will find little support available here. When you encounter an internal server error, the only way to actually find out what is going on is to get a look at Apache's error log.  If you find the precise error message the script is generating in the log, we may be able to point you in the right direction.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

JerryPie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 01:17:47 am »

I figured there wouldn't be much cPanel help, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  Here's the entry I see in the error log:
[2004-04-03 15:23:17]: error: file is writable by others: ({path}/index.php)

Sounds like the permissions are wrong.  Almost all the files in the directory (including index.php) are 666.  If this is the case, would you suppose I would have to manually change each file (in each folder)?

Jerry
Insert Signature Here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 06:39:00 am »

try 755 for a start. I don't know cpanel, but usually you only have to set permissions for the folder => all child objects inherit the permissions.

GauGau

JerryPie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 07:14:08 am »

The folder itself is 755. I've also had problems publishing using FrontPage, generating a bunch of "you don' have permission" errors, while Apache error logs show authentication errors. I'm wondering if there is a relationship here.

Jerry
Insert Signature Here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.