Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: FreeBSD Port Of Coppermine 1.4.14 And Portaudit  (Read 4991 times)

ThisGuyIKnow

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: FreeBSD Port Of Coppermine 1.4.14 And Portaudit
« on: March 05, 2008, 06:34:19 pm »

Hello folks,

The portaudit tool on my FreeBSD test server at work has been telling that I need to upgrade my coppermine installation (1.4.14), which was installed via the FreeBSD ports collection. I run "portsnap fetch update" and "portversion -v | grep '<'" daily to update my ports collection and see which ports need to be updated respectively. Coppermine never comes up, so I gather there hasn't been a update of this port.

I am wondering if I should just wait for an updated port or upgrade manually, following the instructions on the Coppermine site. I already know how to do the latter since I successfully upgraded the Coppermine installation on my personal website (Debian hosted) from 1.4.14 to 1.4.16. But if I do it that way, will portaudit "know" that I have upgraded to the new version? I doubt that it will, since I believe it goes by what it sees in the ports collection tree or the package database. (I think)

Anyways this isn't ultra important because, as I mentioned above, this is on a test server. But I also recognize that this post may potentially help other people in the future.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 07:16:22 am by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: FreeBSD Port Of Coppermine 1.4.14 And Portaudit
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 07:12:11 pm »

You'd need to ask the port maintainer. Using anything other than our install/update scripts is not recommended or supported here.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 07:50:38 pm »

Please note that we're not fond of pre-installed packages. The only supported install method is the one we describe in our docs. Auto-installers (like Fantastico) or similar tend to be outdated - that's generally a problem with web-driven apps. As Nibbler suggested, you'll have to ask the maintainer of the package to update it for you.

ThisGuyIKnow

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 01:04:37 am »

Okay, works for me.  :)

For others' benefit, I did the following:

- Gavin
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 07:16:11 am by Joachim Müller »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.