Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Unable to upload pic  (Read 4142 times)

jortiz13

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Unable to upload pic
« on: March 04, 2008, 05:44:26 pm »

I was having issues uploading images to the gallery It was giving me "The previous file could not be placed.
You have successfully placed all the files"
So I enabled debugging and set the uploads to 1 and the url's to 0
this is what I get now

note: this is a fresh installed. I am using ImageMagick and I have done the folders permission an the install document explains

It is strange because I monitor the album folder as a go thru the upload process and the pic never shows up in the folder. and after the process is done the pic never apears.

Thanks for any help it can be provided!

Critical error
The file 'albums/userpics/10001/DSC00078~0.jpg' can't be inserted in the album

Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: 1

Cmd line :
C:/ImageMagick/convert -quality 80 -antialias -geometry 100x75 "C:\mygallery\albums\userpics\10001\DSC00078~0.jpg" "C:\mygallery\albums\userpics\10001\thumb_DSC00078~0.jpg"

The convert program said:
convert: unable to open image `C:\mygallery\albums\userpics\10001\DSC00078~0.jpg': No such file or directory.
convert: unable to open image `C:\mygallery\albums\userpics\10001\DSC00078~0.jpg': Permission denied.
convert: missing an image filename `C:\mygallery\albums\userpics\10001\thumb_DSC00078~0.jpg'.

File: C:\mygallery\db_input.php - Line: 402

« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 07:54:42 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Unable to upload pic
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 06:27:23 pm »

1) Post on the proper board in the future - moving from "install" to "uploads"
2) Self-hosting is not recommended at all. We can't teach you how to set up your webserver in the first place. If you have issues setting up ImageMagick, use GD2 instead. The error message should be pretty self-explanatory...

jortiz13

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 06:47:34 pm »

I have another galley running "4image" and I don't have any issues with it. I am using imagemagic with it. and I don't need a class on IIS. I think your comment is a little out of place.
I am not and expert on IIS but I am not a new to this ether.
Self hosting, what is wrong with that??????
I guess I won't get a help from here. I will remove it from my server and put a bad review for this program

My fist post and this is wnat I get.....

jortiz13

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 08:04:01 pm »

This will be good for future users having the same issues.
In my case I found the problem. On the php.ini I needed to specify the upload_tmp_dir = I created a directory right on the root of "c" and put it on that setting

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 07:54:22 am »

I have another galley running "4image" and I don't have any issues with it.
Afaik 4images won't run either unless you have that temporary upload folder.
On the php.ini I needed to specify the upload_tmp_dir = I created a directory right on the root of "c" and put it on that setting
Thanks for resolving your thread.

Self hosting, what is wrong with that?
We're convinced that running and maintaining a webserver is a 24/7 job that should only performed by experts that have the skills and the time to constantly maintain the webserver. We have discussed in many threads why we're oppossed to self-hosting - search the board for details if you want to know the details; I'm not going to repeat this entire discussion over. If your webserver is available on the internet, it will be under constant attacks, so you have to pro-actively monitor it and fix security issues - just performing Windows Update is not enough. I know what I'm talking about btw.

I guess I won't get a help from here. I will remove it from my server and put a bad review for this program
That is a strange approach. Both your issue as well as the resolution is related to webserver setup, not to coppermine. Webserver setup simply is beyond the scope of this board. That's what I told you. Why are you so hostile and even try to threaten to post a bad review? Not that it would matter...

jortiz13

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [Solved]: Unable to upload pic
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 02:20:45 pm »

Note here I am a systems admin Active Directory and exchange. Senior systems admin for a very large company here in the US I know what it takes to run a system. I manage 8 exchange servers, 32 Active Directory domain controllers 13 domains. The Anti spam solutions for this company, the DNS solutions for this company and the Antivirus Solution for this company.
I have to provide costumer support for hundreds of users and help other IT personnel. The way I approach some one asking me for help no matter who it is, it is very important for me and for the others.
Costumer support and personality is number one for me...

I like this product, I am now enough about IIS but I am new to the PHP world and I know nothing about programming especially on PHP. When users like me that don't know anything about this ask for help it is a very good feeling when you find someone willing to help out... Keep that in mind next time a newbie ask for help

Please keep that in mind when you answer to a new person sequest, be polite

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 07:45:50 pm »

Note here I am a systems admin Active Directory and exchange. Senior systems admin for a very large company here in the US I know what it takes to run a system. I manage 8 exchange servers, 32 Active Directory domain controllers 13 domains. The Anti spam solutions for this company, the DNS solutions for this company and the Antivirus Solution for this company.
I come from exactly the same background - I'm a sys admin by profession, managing ADS, Exchange and some other systems (e.g. the company's intranet webserver). Coming from the same background as you I really wonder why you chose IIS as a web-server. I'm not going to bash M$, as I earn a living working with their products. But a production web-server outside of the company's intranet should not be run using IIS unless you have very good experience in locking it down extra-thoroughly.

jortiz13

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 08:42:50 pm »

I agree with you 100% on that. I am working on learing linux but for now I have to use IIS. Eventually I will move out of it. I just need to get somethig working for now untill I can get very familiar with linux. I have other project coming up in the near future.
I was not strong on webservers so I took IIS because it was easier to learn for me and like that I could get the basic concept how webservers worked internally and out on the web. Also to see how they interact with backend system.

Anyway, Thanks for anyhelp you can give me to get this program set.
I like the product and I would love to put it to work soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.