Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Upload to users gallery  (Read 2356 times)

Halfhidden

[Solved]: Upload to users gallery
« on: March 02, 2008, 06:30:54 pm »

Hi Everyone and thanks fr Coppermine and all of your hard work ;D
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct part of the forum so please move this if you need to.
I have users who for some reason or other cannot upload pictures to an album the have created in the users gallery. There's nothing wrong with Coppermine, these users don't have a scanner or they simply cannot comprehend the idea of uploading. Anyway if they create an album is it possible for the administrator to upload images to their album for them. I have looked throughout the forum and cannot see how this is done.... so maybe it cannot?
Regards
Steff (a very grateful Coppermine user)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 07:35:05 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Upload to users gallery
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 06:49:57 pm »

You can't accomplish this using coppermine's user interface, but you can move images into any album (including user gallery albums) using phpMyAdmin or similar if you know your way around. This is what I do on my personal gallery: my users are (similar to yours) not capable to perform uploads, so they give me a CD that contains their pics or send me the pics as an email attachment. I then upload the images for them and assign ownership to them , so it gets obvious that it's their pics and they have control over it if they want to. I know that this is a workaround, and of course it would be comparatively easy to modify the dropdown field in coppermine to allow uploads to user galleries (I'm sure that the needed modifications have been posted already). This has not gone into the core because of issues with quota calculation. If you don't care about that, then your best bet would be to search the board for the hack that explains how to populate the target album dropdownfor the admin with the user gallery albums.

Halfhidden

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 06:55:46 pm »

Thanks Joachim Müller.
I'm not that confident with SQL yet so I guess I should be looking for the hack. Thanks again for your help.
Regards,
Steff

Halfhidden

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 07:47:12 pm »

Thanks for the pointer I've found what I needed at http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,26386.0.html
I can now create albums and upload directly to user albums.
Regards,
Steff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.