Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to upload files of size more than 2MB. Max file size is set to 5 MB  (Read 4380 times)

ckpatil

• Coppermine newbie

I get this error message when ever I try to upload photos. I am able to upload photos of size 10 to 50KB. But, I am not able to upload photos of more than 1 or 2 MB size. Max photo size I have set as 5 MB.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root@martinique.globat.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.29 Server at photos.apnaoffice.com Port 80

link is http://photos.apnaoffice.com
user: guest
password: guest123

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Unable to upload files of size more than 2MB. Max file size is set to 5 MB
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 07:01:39 pm »

You're running into server-sided limitations imposed by your webhost. It doesn't matter what max filesize you have set in coppermine's config if the webserver itself is not set up to handle larger files. Take a look at the sticky thread on this board to find out what server-sided settings have an impact. The internal server is what the name suggests: an uncaught error, where the webserver "dies" with an unspecific error message. To figure out which one of the server-sided restrictions need review, you will need access to the server's error logs to see what actually went wrong. However, if you're webhosted, you won't be able to change those settings anyway, so the only option you have then is to resize your files on the client before uploading them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.