Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Batch Add - no error, but no add  (Read 2896 times)

digitlchic

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Batch Add - no error, but no add
« on: February 26, 2008, 07:35:53 am »

I am on v 1.14.16.  I've read the documentation and multiple threads but don't seem to find anyone who is experiencing this issue.  I've tried the upload problem resolutions with no success.  I've done this using both the browsable interface and not. Here's what's happening when I do it with either (see attached for visual):

1. I go to the batch add screen and select the "uploads" folder
2. I select the folder I want to move the pics into, although all the pics have red Xs (but if you click on them the images do show), and I click insert selected
3. It returns to the first screen and nothing happens - no error, no added files

The files are all <600k and when I've uploaded them using the individual upload file, I have no problem.

Any ideas?  My apologies if this is a dumb question - I'm a newbie and I've been messing with this all day!

I've created a test id "test" pw "test001" - http://meghanwilliams.com/gallery

Thanks in advance for assistance :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 11:08:40 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batch Add - no error, but no add
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 08:22:40 am »

OMG, the account you posted is an admin account. That's a very silly thing to do. I used that admin account to create another admin account named "gaugau", logged in with that and removed the admin privileges from the test user account. It's save to delete the additional admin account "gaugau".
HTTP-uploads works as expected, see http://meghanwilliams.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-7
I changed your method to resize pics from ImageMagick to GD2, which improves the situation slighty (the thumbnails get displayed). My guess is that there is something fishy with your core files, get a fresh package and upload it as if you were performing an upgrade.

digitlchic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 05:24:57 pm »

And it felt like a silly thing to do!  Desperation makes you do dumb things... thank you for correcting it.

Ok, so I resized all my files to make them smaller.  Then I reinstalled and did a test batch upload with 5 files and it worked perfectly.  So I uploaded the rest and it did the same thing as my initial problem.

So, I reinstalled again and did batch uploads of like 10 files at a time, which worked fine a couple times so I tried doing a bigger set, which didn't work - so I only selected about 10-15 of the files and that worked.

Then once I had 86 files in the album it stopped letting me batch add any files at all and started doing the original problem again.  I combed through the configurations to see if there was anything that might have been causing it, but didn't see anything.  I am at a loss here.  Any ideas?  I recreated the ID mentioned above as a registered user - please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you again for your assistance!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 05:30:49 pm »

Stop re-installing. Coppermine is not a desktop up that you uninstall and re-install to make problems go away. All the testing I have made using the admin account you posted are now gone because of your install-orgy. That's nonsense!

digitlchic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 08:14:36 pm »

LOL!  My apologies - I thought I was doing what you'd asked, clearly not.

In any case, I've decided to use a different gallery since I found one that was giving me less trouble. :)

Thank you again for your assistance!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.