Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you show ALL album totals on index.php?  (Read 2249 times)

sara_00_0

• Coppermine newbie
How do you show ALL album totals on index.php?
« on: February 22, 2008, 01:38:14 am »

I have seen this question asked a bunch of times, and no that it will increase the queries to the server, but we are still curious how it would work on our site.

What we have right now, is 10 Categories on the main index.php.

Underneath each of these categories, we have several sub categories (like one parent category has 80 plus child categories).

Inside each different category, we have several albums, each with various numbers of photos.

What I would like to do is display on the index.php one of the following:
1.) The total of all albums and all files next the the parent category
2.) A New variable that displays the number of sub-categories or child objects below each parent, instead of the file total

I am open to suggestions, and totally apologize as a NOOB if this has been answered somewhere before. I have been searching, and might just not know exactly what to search for...

I am right now running version 1.4.9.

Thank you in advance to all that may be able to help, or to point me in the direction of help!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How do you show ALL album totals on index.php?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 08:04:21 am »

I am right now running version 1.4.9.
Instead of looking into a pointless modification you should upgrade asap. Most recent stable release is cpg1.4.16, so you're running 7 versions behind. There is a reason why we release new packages. Upgrade!

sara_00_0

• Coppermine newbie
Re: How do you show ALL album totals on index.php?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 12:17:38 am »

I will upgrade very soon.

I am just curious, if I do upgrade, is there an easy way to accomplish this task I was asking about in my first post?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 20 queries.