Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Press spacebar or enter to activate this control  (Read 4912 times)

johnf

• Coppermine newbie
Press spacebar or enter to activate this control
« on: February 25, 2008, 11:53:18 pm »

When placing quicktime movies on my coppermine site, I get this ugly little control notice "Press spacebar or enter to activate this control" on top of the movie.  Even though the movie is playing, the notice stays there until you click inside the window.
Doing a little searching around, I found that Microsoft has posted information on how to get rid of this by Activating ActiveX Controls along with examples here:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537508.aspx

Unfortunately, I can't figure out which coppermine file I need to put this into.  I've tried the template.html and the template.php - but with no luck.  If anyone has already done this, could you please let me know how?

What code to place to call the javascript and where.  What goes into the javascript file?  Or does this not work with Coppermine?
Thanks so much for any help.

johnf

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Press spacebar or enter to activate this control
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 12:52:46 am »

Forgot to add the info from Microsoft:

To create Web pages that load interactive controls that respond immediately to user input, use Microsoft JScript to load controls from external script files. You cannot write script elements inline with the main HTML page to load your control externally. If the script is written inline programmatically, for example with the writeln function, the loaded control will behave as if it was loaded by the HTML document itself and will require activation. To ensure a control is interactive when it is loaded, use one of the following techniques to load your control from an external file.

The following example uses document.write to load a control dynamically.

Copy Code
<!-- HTML File -->
<html>
  <body leftmargin=0 topmargin=0 scroll=no>
    <script src="docwrite.js"></script>
  </body>
</html>
 Copy Code
// docwrite.js
document.write('<object classid="clsid:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6">');
document.write('<param name="URL" value="example.wmv">');
document.write('<param name="autoStart" value="-1"></object>');

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.