Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error 500 - Internal server error  (Read 7908 times)

Emmas

• Coppermine newbie
    • Harry Potter Cast
Error 500 - Internal server error
« on: February 22, 2008, 05:46:14 pm »

Guys thanks for helping first
when i upload and it's say that the uploading were successful but when i click on continue it's give me this error
thank u all for helping !!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Error 500 - Internal server error
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 06:28:31 pm »

Help yourself first: RTFM. Particularly the sections "upload troubleshooting" and "asking for support on upload issues". Do exactly as suggested there if you want support!

Emmas

• Coppermine newbie
    • Harry Potter Cast
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 06:31:30 pm »

What u mean sir ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 07:00:22 pm »

Read the documentation that comes with Coppermine (that is available online as well by clicking on "documentation" at the very top of this screen), find the sections of the documentation that I refered to and read them. They contain instructions what you're suppossed to do to perform upload troubleshooting for yourself. Do as suggested there. If you're not able to help yourself using that piece of information, read on to the section that is labelled "asking for support on upload issues" and do as suggested there. Then (and only then) will we be able to help you.
When signing up you agreed to respect the documentation before even starting a post, so don't use lame excuses like. We require you to read the docs prior to being allowed to post here, which you blatantly failed to do. Being new is not bad, but not doing as you're bing told is ignorant and will make supporters mad at you.

Emmas

• Coppermine newbie
    • Harry Potter Cast
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 07:13:36 pm »

i do what is there but it doesn't help me
my site http://gallery.harrypottercast.net
Test Account
user name: Test
Password Test

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 07:20:29 pm »

The gallery is in offline mode, so a regular test user account doesn't help. Put it out of maintenance into online mode if you want help. You posted an admin account, which is an extremely sill ything to do on a public board, and totally uncalled for. I asked for a non-admin test user account (at least, that's what the docs say). I changed the password of the test user account you posted to make sure nobody can exploit your silly mistake. Change that account from admin to registered member. Uploading a pic using that test user account worked as expected - see http://gallery.harrypottercast.net/displayimage.php?pos=-28
Can not replicate your issue. Maybe you're just uploading images that are too huge for your server setup. Post details for details. And don't behave so difficult!

Emmas

• Coppermine newbie
    • Harry Potter Cast
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 07:22:46 pm »

sorry boss but how i can now how much i can upload ? i mean the max file size ? on the server ?

Emmas

• Coppermine newbie
    • Harry Potter Cast
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 01:31:40 am »

Plz tell me !!
the max file size is 20MB !!
the problem is from Coppermine !!! Maybe !

Emmas

• Coppermine newbie
    • Harry Potter Cast
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 01:40:22 am »

tell me what "max_input_time   -1" mean ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 11:46:04 am »

There are several restrictions on your webserver that may have an impact. They are imposed by your webhost, not by coppermine. Read up the docs, particularly http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#ErrorAllowedMemorySize
I won't/can't teach you webserver setup. The webserver probably isn't yours to administer anyway, so what should be the use of this. If the webserver is actually yours to administer (self-hosting), then I have two suggestions for you:
  • self-hosting is not recommended, especially if you have no idea what you're doing
  • Read up the PHP docs on php.net to find out what the directives in php.ini mean

I told you to post details. For a start, post the pic you're trying to upload (the one you're having issues with).

Emmas

• Coppermine newbie
    • Harry Potter Cast
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 01:12:32 pm »

here is the pic http://i25.tinypic.com/2a9s3fd.jpg
the Hosting Company that host my site said that i can change the directives of PHP
but she said that they can't help me in this cuz that scripting and this is not there job and..
i need one who how to make the changes !!

and Boss thanks for ur help !!
u really help me !!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 01:19:35 pm »

1) I'm not your boss
2) There is no way to circumvent server-sided restrictions
3) You failed to do as suggested: you haven't changed the test user account's privilege level and you haven't posted the changed password
4) Uploading the file you refered to worked fine just as well - see http://gallery.harrypottercast.net/displayimage.php?pos=-30

Emmas

• Coppermine newbie
    • Harry Potter Cast
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 01:26:12 pm »

1) I'm not your boss
2) There is no way to circumvent server-sided restrictions
3) You failed to do as suggested: you haven't changed the test user account's privilege level and you haven't posted the changed password
4) Uploading the file you refered to worked fine just as well - see http://gallery.harrypottercast.net/displayimage.php?pos=-30

1) I'm Sorry
2) OK !
3) I did and remove it !!
4) work with u cuz maybe in ur country the uploading speed bigger than here in my country which make no need for the max_input_time for u when u upload !!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 01:51:12 pm »

In my country the directives from php.ini that have an impact on webserver setup are identical to the ones in your country. Stop insisting on that one parameter - it probably has no impact anyway. What I'm trying to say: there is no way that you can circumvent server-sided restrictions. Period. If this bothers you, upload smaller files or sign up with a better webhost. There can be no other recomendation, no matter how much you insist. Period.

Emmas

• Coppermine newbie
    • Harry Potter Cast
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 01:53:46 pm »

do u know a good company ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.