Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Watermark found but not showing on images (Joomla)  (Read 14168 times)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Watermark found but not showing on images (Joomla)
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 11:35:43 am »

Check this site and see if any of the files mentioned are in your setup via ftp. Or check in Joomla to see if the component is installed.

http://www.mehdiplugins.com/misc/index.htm
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 08:26:25 pm »

Well, you downloaded it and ran it, so you should know.

drumz

• Coppermine novice
  • chill for the thrill
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 09:26:27 pm »

Joachim, Are you daft? I told you I inherited this site which means Coppermine was already installed. Remember how I couldn't get the powered by going THAT I DID NOT REMOVE and spent a better part of a day working on it (MY DIME - not charging client)? Wasn't that a sign of congeniality?  Cripes!

Anyway, for the ever helpful phill104 who is actually trying to help rather than brow beat me, I found that the bridge is Mehdi's Coppermine Bridge.

So since I don't know where it was installed, what do I do now to get those watermarks working?

Thanks much!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2008, 10:16:15 pm »

What you should do now that you know what bridge you are using is upgrade to the latest version as Joachim suggests. More than likely this will sort out your problem and protect you from some major security issues that Joachim and the team have spent a lot of time fixing. That is why they want you to upgrade and are reluctant to help you with the watermarking problem.

You may even find that the watermark plugin has been upgraded to work with the later version and that may be the root of your problem. I did not write it so don't know.

You also didn't answer their questions as requested. Without that info it is very hard for them to assist.

The only way you will progress with this is to follow the documentation on this site (a lot of which was written by Joachim) and upgrade to the latest version. You will then need to follow carefully the instructions on the bridge site to get integration working with Joomla again. You will need to learn a little about Joomla in the process but it is quite simple.

The team here can only help you with the upgrade and the watermarking (once you have upgraded). They do not know Joomla or the particular bridge you are using.

I now use the same bridge and needed to spen a bit of time getting it to work but it was worth the effort.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.