Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Easy RSS feed & PicLens  (Read 119315 times)

sarvirtual

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Easy RSS feed & PicLens
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2008, 08:07:23 pm »

i just installed this plugin, but when i click icon for activating piclens gallery
i obtain the view of all albums and non only that i selected
I woul like to have in piclens view only the photos of album selected.
Is it possible???
Can anyone help me?
Thanks
 :o ;) :(

andiwe

• Coppermine novice
    • Nordschleifenbilder.de
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2008, 08:28:51 pm »

Sure  ;D
what's the URL of your site so i can have a look at it ?
bit tricky to work it out without more information.  ;)
Andi

--- for Cooliris Piclens CPG Plugin (Easy RSS Mod) check out my Website Link ---

machinedragon

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2008, 08:07:03 am »

@my gallery is at machinedragon.com/Gallery/ and im using firefox 3 in both windows peice-a-vista and linux. when you view the feed from the feed icon in the address bar you only get a line.

andiwe

• Coppermine novice
    • Nordschleifenbilder.de
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2008, 12:48:31 pm »

@my gallery is at machinedragon.com/Gallery/ and im using firefox 3 in both windows peice-a-vista and linux. when you view the feed from the feed icon in the address bar you only get a line.

Please try the latest Version
http://www.nordschleifenbilder.de/download/cooliris/

That should solve it. The Feed needs the full URL of Pictures. Changed that.
Andi

--- for Cooliris Piclens CPG Plugin (Easy RSS Mod) check out my Website Link ---

machinedragon

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2008, 08:07:29 pm »

very cool
thanks andiwe :D ;) i had to change one little thing i think the yahoo xmlns its supposed to be xmlns:media="http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/" with the / at the end to validate.

so now im trying to figure out whats wrong with the guid . feed validator is complaining guid must be a full URL, unless permalink attribute is false.

andiwe

• Coppermine novice
    • Nordschleifenbilder.de
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2008, 08:42:46 pm »

Thank for the missing slash  ;) will add with the next fixes.  ;D

Since Cooliris uses the feed in its own way the issues displayed by the validators won't bother the application - maybe  ::)

That guid think i did not understand fully in the past.
ATM it's there for nothing. You could comment out that line. Maybe i will for future releases.
As far as i think it is only needed if you want to jump to special pictures in feeds from a seperate link (symbol in thumb will work anyway).
Andi

gardenww

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2008, 01:51:29 pm »

I have installed your nice plugin (Easy RSS Mod 4 PicLens v1.2) but couldn't get it to work in my cpg installation (1.4.19). Cooliris addon is installed and works with some of my other galleries (TTG-Shadowbox). I use Firefox 3.x. Do you have any idea what goes wrong with my cpg. Your help is much appreciated!
Link to my cpg: www.wolfgangs-photograpy-gardening.de/html/cpg-joombla

gardenww

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2008, 01:56:29 pm »

Sorry, had a typo in the link, Here is the correct one:

Link to my cpg: www.wolfgangs-photography-gardening.de/html/cpg-joombla

gardenww

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2008, 02:35:39 pm »

I'm slowly getting it to work. It now display the Last upload album in Cooliris at startup or any Album as soon as I'm in the thumbview of this album. Still searching for a way to display Categories in Cooliris.

andiwe

• Coppermine novice
    • Nordschleifenbilder.de
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2008, 03:00:42 pm »

Sorry, Categories are not supported ... yet :-[

p.s.: Sehr schöne Bilder gardenww, ist ja quasi um die Ecke  ;D
Andi

gardenww

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2008, 10:51:31 pm »

Thanks Andi for the nice work. I'm not good in editing the rss.php and would like to ask you to help me out with two minor issues. First, in my gallery the play button does not appear when hovering over thumbs? Second, I'd like to display all my gallery pictures at once in the 3D-wall. Currently the lastup album is displayed but by any reason this contains not all pictures of my gallerie. Many thanks for your help in advance!

andiwe

• Coppermine novice
    • Nordschleifenbilder.de
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2008, 11:04:39 am »

Please correct the Values for the Images to display at installation.
To do that reinstall the Plugin.

Code: [Select]
Number of items to display in the feed. Should be the number of pics in your album view:24 should be fine for you, because your gallery has 3 rows and 8 colums in album/thumbnail view.

Number of items of the Movieslide below Normal-Pictures: 10 should be your choice.

Loading all pictures at once is not possible - ok it is but you woult load your whole gallery at once, that would be a cpu and traffic killer app.
That is the main feature of this plugin. It loads the next images of the gallery as soon as you move the wall in cooliris. The correct above values are needed for that to work correctly.
Andi

andiwe

• Coppermine novice
    • Nordschleifenbilder.de
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2008, 10:36:12 pm »

Please update to latest release.
The values will now be polled from CPG Config.  :)
Andi

tilusnet

• Coppermine newbie
    • tilusNet photoGallery
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2009, 10:51:01 am »

That guid think i did not understand fully in the past.
ATM it's there for nothing. You could comment out that line. Maybe i will for future releases.

Andiwe,

I tried to use the GUID parameter in calling the Cooliris script with EasyRSS installed, then I realised, it doesn't work. (You may go to this page of mine, and try to click on the picture: it should open Cooliris focused on the image).
As I understand, the GUID parameter is meant to open Cooliris on a specific item/picture in your gallery, at least this is what they say in the Cooliris site:
Launch with a specific item (make sure you have GUIDs specified for each item):
<a href="javascript:PicLensLite.start({guid:'img0.jpg'});">Insert Content Here</a>
I cannot access the PicLens Lite API description page, though... Do you have it, btw?

However I made to work to access an album from an external page: if you'd like to try, click on one of the 'Webshow' links on this page of mine.

I think we can figure out this GUID thing, I just need a bit of time to look at it.
If you have some hints, let me know. I'll keep an eye on this topic.

Cheers!

srobida

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2009, 05:51:59 pm »

Excellent & Easy... what a combination

Your plug-in gives coppermine that extra pizazz... I really appreciate your efforts.

One glitch... I have one album (that I have found so far, I have 80) that the first page does not work with CoolIris... here is the link to my site

http://robida.org/coppermine/
It's The Wedding album, you will need to login to view... User = visitor  password = cooliris

My guess is there is a filename issue, but I do not see a difference from what is on page 2...
any help would be appreciated.  I thought about deleting the album and re-adding, but thought you might want to see the anomaly first.

The album is second one in... you know what really sucks was this was album I was using as a test!

I would enjoy buying you a pint... do you have a paypal link?

andiwe

• Coppermine novice
    • Nordschleifenbilder.de
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2009, 07:16:46 pm »

Hi Steve,

thanks for the compliment.

You guessed correctly, it's a filename issue. It is Picture #8 containing a '&' char.
That seems to break the feed unless the source code is generated correctly.
Thanks for pointing me there.

I don't know how to fix it yet. Will have a look at it again soon.
If you want to, you could rename that file and disable the visitor login - just your privacy.
Andi

srobida

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2009, 09:09:09 pm »

Thank you so much for picking up on that... I went to great pains to remove all ampersands from my file names before I merged over to Coppermine... I guess I missed one, and I'll be looking for others.  :-)

Thanks again for that and all your wonderful work... I am serious about buying you a beer... do you have a paypal account?

andiwe

• Coppermine novice
    • Nordschleifenbilder.de
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2009, 02:14:55 pm »

Dear tilusnet,

glad to see someone improving the features.
Until now i saw no advantage by the use of guid numbers. I did not use any url to jump to a specific picture as you do.
The API description should be that document: http://developer.cooliris.com/samples/lite_api.html

Did you inegrate the Webshow links via the codebase.php? I'd like to integrate that with e.g. a cooliris icon behind the album name in cat view.
Or did you mod the theme template? Would be highly interessted in that.

btw i recommend udating to the latest release.
@srobida: special chars in filenames will now be urlencoded. solved  8)
Andi

tilusnet

• Coppermine newbie
    • tilusNet photoGallery
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2009, 09:22:00 pm »

Hi andiwe,

I have a locally cutomised version of your plugin now! Maybe I'll manage later to merge it with your mods.
What I achieved:
- to call the CoolIris script with a specific item zoomed in
- to show the title (if any) under the pictures
- the usage of permalinks for an album or for a picture (very useful if you want to send a link to someone)
- to fix the html encoded titles to be treated correctly by the XML parser (e.g. if the picture title contains specific diacritics, e.g. &aacute;, the XML parser fails and the slideshow won't work) - basically what you have to do is to change the $title assignment in rss.php to
  $title      = utf8_encode(html_entity_decode($picture[title]));

Anyone can have a look on my site for the effect of these mods:
-> Open http://tilusnet.homeip.net/root/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/index.php?cat=22 and look for the 'CoolShow!' links - these are loading an album specific slideshow externally, i.e. without having to be on the page of the album;
-> Try this permalink for the same album - as you can see, the titles with diacritics appear correctly under the pictures;
-> A classic album view with 'CoolShow!' link and permalink;
-> Picture view with 'CoolShow!' link and permalink;
-> Zoom in on a specific picture - with titles, diacritics included  ;)

Feel free to ask questions about these mods, I'll gladly answer them.
Enjoy the world of CoolIris!!

Cheers!

csmwww

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Easy RSS feed & PicLens (newbie install notes)
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2009, 01:27:51 am »

Some Installing PicLens/CoolIris RSS Feed plugin for novices:

The following kind of things will be obvious to many experienced folks, but I am brand new to Coppermine and so it took me a while to get anything working after reading all 5 pages of this thread many times. So I will share what I learned using version "Easy_RSSmod4cooliris-b017.zip".

1. To install plugins: download zip, use admin general config, browse, upload, install.
2. The "install (i)" does not always (ever?) copy "rss.php" to the root of Coppermine. Copy "rss.php" from the
    "plugins/Easy_RSS/" to the root (ie. http://foo.net/gallery/plugins/Easy_RSS -> http://foo.net/gallery).

Notes:

• The enhancement is runtime, effecting all photos (not just new additions).
  • As far as I could tell the "URL to Logo for Piclens App?" has no effect.
  • It takes a second or so for the icon to show in the lower left of the thumbnail for a gallery and thumbnails inside galleries to show, since it is overlaid by the browser on "flyover" (not a modified image).
  • For me, the thumbnails did net get modified in Seamonkey (it does not work in Seamonkey), though working in IE. Moreover, in IE the current release does throw JavaScript errors, though it works.
  • If you are trying this stuff over and over to get it working, keep in mind the web browsers you are testing with will cache stuff, as may your FTP client. So make sure to quit and restart the test browser and perhaps flush the cache (search Google "clear browser cache") between changes or you will get more confused.

Uninstall/Reinstall/Upgrade

• Uninstalling will disable the feature even though "rss.php" stays in root.
  • Removing the plugin will not remove the "rss.php" in your root. So, if you are upgrading remember to fix it up with any new version!

Thanks for he enhancement. Though it is not fully refined yet, it is still a great addition. I was evaluating Coppermine vs Gallery 3 and the lack of a decent viewer (one that would avoid full redraw every view) was going to push me the that direction until I found this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.