Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Coppermine with more than 1 Server  (Read 3097 times)

Crazymodder

• Coppermine frequent poster
Using Coppermine with more than 1 Server
« on: February 17, 2008, 01:06:26 pm »

Hello Everybody
I hope yout can help me I would be very nice;)
Now I have 1 Server where Copermine is running. But there are many performance Problems so I want to ask is it possible to make an etxra Server where only the Pictures have been uploaded? In the admin menu I have tried to change the path to ablums categorie form albums/ to http://s1.mydomain.com/albums
If I upolad the Picture witch are allways in the gallery to s1.mydoamain.com/ablums/userpics via ftp they will be displayed. But it is not possible to upload picture or using batch. Now I want to ask is here someone who can code the change so that in the admin menü are more fields like pictureserver1, pictureserver2, pictureserver3 and if you put in one new picture server the picture will be uploaded there and if there were 2 picture server that the uploads change. I mean if you people upload 3 Images that the first Image is saved at pictureserver1 and the second images will be saved at pictureserver2 and the third on pictureserver1 again. and if there are more than 2 pictureserver in the same way or it would make via random. I hope you know what I mean if there is someone please help me you can also contact me via PM then I can send you my ICQ, MSN or whatever you like ;)

Best Regards
Crazymodder

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Using Coppermine with more than 1 Server
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 02:12:11 pm »

Has been asked (and answered) many times over: remote storage is not supported.

Crazymodder

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 02:56:48 pm »

Ok thx for the fast Reply is here someone who can code that ? ;)

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 04:52:21 pm »

It's not supported so don't expect someone from the Dev team to do this anytime soon.
If you really really need it bad you can always go to the Freelancer board : http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?board=30.0

Cheers
Hein

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 06:33:57 pm »

We won't code such a feature because it would be prone to abuse. I'm not saying that you'd abuse it, but others would use it for bandwidth theft. That's something we don't want to be held responsible for. Hence our reluctance to look into this. Get decent webspace, it's cheap.

Crazymodder

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 07:39:21 pm »

Webspace that would be nice :D
I run only Coppermine on one Server with 8 GB of Ram and 9.6 GHZ but there are too much loads;) And I have never found a webhost whick allows me to have more than 1 Mio. Hits a day on every webhost I host I was kicked because the Servers get a too high load.
And where is the Porblem of Bandwich? Everybody who want to use it know what bandwich coast an calculate that. But thanks for your help I will tried at the freelancers board;)

Best Regards
Crazymodder

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 08:50:53 am »

If such a remote storage mod would exist, what would people keep from displaying pics that are hosted on somebody else's webspace? This is what I would call bandwidth theft. Sure, you plan to use bandwidth from another server that is yours to use. But as I suggested above: others would not use such a mod just to display images that they uploaded to another webserver. Imagine jerks who would hotlink to your webspace. As suggested before: this has been asked and answered many times over, in much more detail. Review those other discussions, don't re-start this discussion here - I'm not ready to lead it once more. We (the coppermine devs) will not come up with such a mod. Period. If you (or anyone else) is ready to come up with such a mod, you're welcome to do so. But don't expect any help from our side.

Crazymodder

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 07:21:46 pm »

Okay thx I fully respect your Opinion. And I think its normal that you can't do everythink for everyone ;)
It's ok thx .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.