Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Combine Plug-In "Search_Album" with "multilingual" possible?  (Read 3319 times)

nointerest

• Translator
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Karateschule Okinawa (Bayreuth, Kulmbach, Pegnitz, Auerbach)
Combine Plug-In "Search_Album" with "multilingual" possible?
« on: February 17, 2008, 11:43:14 pm »

Hello,

I use the above mentioned plug-ins for my cpg. My gallery is supposed to support at least english and german, in the future spanish and french as well.
Of course coppermine does support them all, what I mean is that I use multilingual to add categorie name, album title and album description in different languages.

I use search_album because to search for titles of a caption (and the other "normal" options) is obsolete - they are not important. The album_titles are. Both of those plug-ins are great.

Now I want to ask if it is possible to combine this two plug-ins. To make a hack in one of them to achieve:

When a user is using the searchfunction to search for an album_title (= names of movies) - he/she will enter the name like he knows them. One excample: A movie is called "bound for glory" in english and "dieses land ist mein land" in german. He/she will either look for bound or for land (example). The default-language of the installation is english - the english album-titles are standard. Therefore when someone looks for say a german word (like land) - he/she will find nothing.

I do really know nothing about coding this things - therefore I ask here if the developers of those beautiful plug-ins can tell me if it is at all possible to achieve what I look for - and if then how. I am really a newby in coding - therefore I would need the code for copy and paste.

My gallery is:
http://www.gallery.david-carradine-fansite.org

I have done multilingual category/album-titles where they are available - french and spanish are not entered yet. The above mentioned example exists - its in the 1970-1979-section.

I know this is something probably nobody needs except me and I know that both plug-ins are made from different authors - but well, I hope that it can be done anway.
If it is needed I can make a screenshot with content of my database (I suggest this because I -think- that the multilingual-plug-in has added some colums at some part of the database. If so then one would need to know where they are/how they are called and then this information should somehow be entered into the search-feature. This is the theory that churns around in my brain. I cant do the pratic implementation however...). I can access via PHPmyadmin.

Thanks for playing with the idea for me.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 07:27:31 am by nointerest »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.