Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moved Coppermine  (Read 6712 times)

Halfhidden

Moved Coppermine
« on: February 15, 2008, 05:21:56 pm »

Hi Everyone..... sorry to hear what happened to this forum. I'm afraid the world has its fair share of sickos that don't appreciate the time and effort you guys put into this project.

I had to move coppermine because of an unreliable sql server (it was shared to death) anyway I spent 9 hours extracting the tables needed one by one. The sql server was obviously sick. However it wouldn't let me export the information schema and therefore I cannot send mail from Coppermine..... Anyone have any ideas what I should do.... Should I install a send mail script? and if so any suggestions please.
I appreciate that this mostly a sql questions, but without it I have no mail.

Thanks,
Steff

Nibbler

Re: Moved Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 05:31:08 pm »

Sending mail has nothing to do with SQL. Are you trying to use sendmail or SMTP?

Halfhidden

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 05:39:21 pm »

It's probably me as I confess that I don't understand sql. But I copied all of the tables from the old hosts sql and imported them in one by one because the old server wouldn't do a full dump. The old sql server had an information schema and I though that this should have been moved as well. I thought this was the reason why the site cannot send emails....
Previously I used smtp on the old server.
Regards,
Steff

Halfhidden

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 05:44:04 pm »

I should explain that when I say sending emails from the site... I mean that notifications from Coppermine aren't being sent... Upload notifications, comment notifications and such like.

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 06:06:24 pm »

Make sure you updated the SMTP details in config on the new server.

Halfhidden

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 06:08:07 pm »

I'll take a look... thanks Nibbler and I'll let you know the outcome :)

Halfhidden

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 06:33:05 pm »

The smtp settings are fine .... but I no emails. I suppose there is an outside chance that dns hasn't fully populated, even though its been about 30 hours since the transfer. Although the url has populated, it is running slow.... so I think I should wait another 24 hours before  getting concerned.

I think it best to put this down as resolved please Nibbler (as I don't want to waste your time on this if it is dns) and lets see what happens once dns has settled down.

Thanks again for all the support:)

Halfhidden

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 09:48:56 pm »

Ok Thanks for the help... it turned out to be a dns (MX) issue. Coppermine is running like a dream!  ;D Thanks you can close this ticket down!

Regards,
Steff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 17 queries.