Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I did something stupid  (Read 3756 times)

1bigmike

• Coppermine newbie
I did something stupid
« on: April 01, 2004, 11:13:51 am »

First off let me say this program rocks! I installed it with no problem with the phpBB option and everything was humming along perfectly. Then I started to see that when I switched from admin mode to user mode the admin nav bar wouldn't go away.

Now the stupid part, I thought it might be a cookie issue and changed the cookie name from the admin screen from cpg11d to phpbbmysql. noe I can't log in. My phpBB board still works fine.

Anyways, I need to know how I can manually change it back. I see a restore_config.sql file that looks like it holds the default seetings but I don't know how to use it.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
I did something stupid
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 12:58:35 pm »

use your database tool to go into your cpg config table.  browse and find cookie_name, and change it back there.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

1bigmike

• Coppermine newbie
Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 06:55:11 pm »

Thanks for the reply!

I was able to change the cookie name back and I can log in now but I think I see I screwed up on the install. I named the cpg tables the same as my phpBB tables. I have two cpg config tables and that's not right, right?

Can I save this install by renaming the tables prefix to cpg_, and changing the config.inc.php? If so, where can I find exactly which tables belong to coppermine so that I don't screw up phpBB.

Thanks again!

Mike :D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
I did something stupid
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 07:32:20 am »

this is impossible: there can't be two tables with exactly the same names in one database.

Coppermine uses these table names (which will start with a prefix you have chosen of course): albums, banned, categories, comments, config, pictures, usergroups, users, votes.

GauGau

1bigmike

• Coppermine newbie
I did something stupid
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 06:20:12 pm »

Quote from: "gaugau"
this is impossible: there can't be two tables with exactly the same names in one database.

Well, I pretty new to mysql but that's what I've got. I have two phpbb_config tables. One with the coppermine info in it and one with the phpBB iunfo in it.
Quote from: "gaugau"

Coppermine uses these table names (which will start with a prefix you have chosen of course): albums, banned, categories, comments, config, pictures, usergroups, users, votes.
GauGau

This is where I messed up, I used the same prefix. I though for the two programs to share the same data base they needed the same prefix. I didn't thik about them having tables with the same name.

Is it possible to change them without creating major problems?

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
I did something stupid
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 09:33:39 pm »

Surely there must be a difference, i.e., phpbb_config and phpBB_config.

You can change the prfix back to cpg or whatever, but you will have to change your include/config.inc.php to reflect that.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.