Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SMP + Coppermine... Link comments to a post...  (Read 3262 times)

DangRabbit

• Coppermine newbie
SMP + Coppermine... Link comments to a post...
« on: February 09, 2008, 08:16:03 am »

I'm wondering if it's possible, if there's a mod, or if anyone knows is there way to have it so instead of comments being separate from the forums, when someone posted a new photo it would create a post in the forum you designated, and comments would appear there? Something like the way MacRumors does it's news articles on their homepage... you see the article, but at the bottom is a "discuss" link... when you click on it you end up in a forum post, a copy of the article is in the starting post, and all comments show as replies...

Hope that makes sense. I want to encourage my members to discuss photos in greater detail by using the forums... but I was hoping for it not to have to be a manual thing...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: SMP + Coppermine... Link comments to a post...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 10:03:45 am »

I'm afraid you'll have to do this manually or come up with the needed code changes to accomplish this. What you're up to requires both coppermine code as well as the code of your bbs app to be re-written heavily (which is not recommended in terms of upgradability).
What you're up to do is way beyond of what "regular" bridging does: bridging as we understand it just creates a correlation between user management and authentification between coppermine and the app you bridge with, which is comparatively easy to accomplish, compared to what you want to accomplish.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.