Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Data Fetching problem outside the CPG System  (Read 1727 times)

npl247

• Coppermine newbie
Data Fetching problem outside the CPG System
« on: February 06, 2008, 10:34:50 am »

I am trying to use CPG in my website.Everything went fine till i was posting captions and keywords in English language, but i got problem when i started posting in unicoded text(Nepali). There is no problem with viewing photo captions within the CPG System, problem is seen when i tried to show the latest uploaded photo as a sub content in another web page system.

<iframe height="550" width="850" src="http://10.10.10.2\myWebPage\CPG\displayimage22.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0" hspace="1" vspace="1" marginheight="1" marginwidth="1" scrolling="auto" frameborder="0" ></iframe>   

there is no problem with photo but,
i get this content
राजविराजमा प्रदर्शनकारी र सुरक्षाकर्मी बीच झडप । प्रहरीको ला ी चार्जबाट करिब आधा दर्जन प्रदर्शकारी घाइते । ब्ल्ब् २०६४ माघ ११ ।

for this actual data,
राजविराजमा प्रदर्शनकारी र सुरक्षाकर्मी बीच झडप । प्रहरीको लाठी चार्जबाट करिब आधा दर्जन प्रदर्शकारी घाइते । २०६४ माघ ११ । 

Is it possible that i make a function that returns actual photo caption data.
And i would like to know if any additional encoding/decoding is done with the user inputs during posting and showing contents.

Any suggestions and guidence will be helpful to me.Thankx.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 11:04:53 am by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Data Fetching problem outside the CPG System
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 10:37:56 am »

Make sure both Coppermine and the other website are using utf8 encoding.

npl247

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Data Fetching problem outside the CPG System
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 11:02:30 am »

Thankx buddy, i got my problem solved. it was simply charset mismatch in 2 webpages.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.