Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Granular access control to albums?  (Read 5198 times)

rchady

• Coppermine newbie
Granular access control to albums?
« on: March 31, 2004, 08:00:42 pm »

Hello, I am fairly new to coppermine, but there is one feature I would have expected that seems to be missing -- the ability to control who has access to a given album.  It is possible it is there and I just missed it.  If this is so, could you please point me at it?

Anyhow,  up until now I have been using Gallery.  In Gallery, you can create an album and then specify in detail who has access to it (not just viewing access).  I am looking for something similar to this such that I can specify exactly who can upload/edit/change/etc pictures to a given album on a per album basis.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 08:09:20 pm »

This is there.  Look in the album properties, and change the permissions there.  Note, the 'who can view' box will only be visible if you have set 'Users can have private albums', set to yes in config.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

rchady

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 08:29:46 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply.  Maybe I am missing something because when I go there the only option with any amount of granular control is for viewing.  I want to be able to create an album and allow user1,user2,user3 the ability to upload/edit an album.  If I have to put them in a group that is fine, though it would be nice to be able to directly select the users with access.

Robert

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 08:42:14 pm »

At the moment the only distinction is groups, so if you allow uploads to an album, then all groups with permission can upload to it, sorry.

If you are only going to have a few users like that, then there has recently been a mod for creating 'moderators', that have full admin rights except acces to the config page.  Maybe this will be a workaround for you.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

rchady

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 08:52:22 pm »

Is it possible to do that on a per album basis?  I had glanced at the mod that was posted, but did not look at it that closely.  If this was something that could be applied on a per album basis (different users or group of users per album) then I might be able to make it work.

Btw, any word on whether or not this type of feature is being added to a future version of coppermine?  It seems like a feature that would be used by many people (granular access control is always a good thing!).

Robert

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 09:02:43 pm »

Not in the next version (public beta due out in next few days).  I don't know if it's on Gaugau or Tariques 'to do' list.  I suspect it will require a lot of code changes, so I would'nt think it will be soon.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 09:06:16 pm »

don't expect it before cpg2.x - distant future...

Gaugau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.