Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! My gallery's vanished after moving servers  (Read 4933 times)

markthegreat

• Coppermine newbie
Help! My gallery's vanished after moving servers
« on: February 03, 2008, 09:30:31 pm »

I've tried to move my Coppermine gallery from one Web server to another and now all I can see are blank, empty white pages with no text or images. Is there a simple, step-by-step idiot's guide to migrating content from one server to another?

SaWey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • SaWey.be
Re: Help! My gallery's vanished after moving servers
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 09:38:51 pm »

Try searching the forum, you'll find one...

markthegreat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 11:41:33 pm »

I've used the guide at http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#moveGallery and am still have the same problem of seeing empty blank pages.

1. Backup your files: FTP-download your complete coppermine-folder to your hard drive
2. use a tool like phpMyAdmin to get a dump (backup) of your mySQL database entries. More info here
3. verify your backup is working: check if the mySQL-dump contains all data (open the zipped dump file and use a text editor to view it)
4. on the new server: FTP-upload your coppermine-folder to the new server
5. CHMOD the folder /albums to 755 or 777 (depending on your server config]
6. restore the mySQL table by running the queries of the dump files you created in step 2
7. test-drive your coppermine gallery - you should be done

markthegreat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 11:45:06 pm »

When I complete the 6 points above (I can't do the seventh) I log on to http://www.mywebsite.com/gallery/install.php, enter the details of my database and configuration and then get this error:

Code: [Select]
mySQL Error: Table 'cpg133_albums' already exists on query ' CREATE TABLE cpg133_albums ( aid int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, title varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', description text NOT NULL, visibility int(11) NOT NULL default '0', uploads enum('YES','NO') NOT NULL default 'NO', comments enum('YES','NO') NOT NULL default 'YES', votes enum('YES','NO') NOT NULL default 'YES', pos int(11) NOT NULL default '0', category int(11) NOT NULL default '0', thumb int(11) NOT NULL default '0', keyword VARCHAR( 50 ), alb_password VARCHAR( 32 ), alb_password_hint TEXT, PRIMARY KEY (aid), KEY alb_category (category) ) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='Used to store albums''

SaWey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • SaWey.be
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 12:27:24 am »

You didn't read it carefully enough, you don't have to run the install.php again, you should have copied your config.inc.php along with your gallery.
Try to create it manually, it should look like the config.inc.php.sample in your 'include' folder
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.