Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No albums found after server move  (Read 5164 times)

jger

• Coppermine newbie
No albums found after server move
« on: January 29, 2008, 07:24:22 am »

Hi there,

Iīm currently switching server and wanted to move my cpg to the new server. I backuped all my files and made a database dump of the old gallery. The old gallery version was 1.4.10.
On the new server I installed joomla 1.0.13 all-german and CPG 1.4.14. After the install of the cpg I uploaded all my (user-)files again and imported the database dump into the new database. I made sure the database name and tables prefix is the same. After that I installed the joomla-cpg-bridge. The gallery works fine now and seems to be completely restored with one big problem: I canīt access any album directly. When I click on "user galleries" it tells me there are no users. When I check my albums (as admin using the album config) there are no albums. When I click on a picture I do see the albums though and can browse them.
Could this be a problem with joomla or with the versions "update" I made of cpg? I already compared the db tables but couldnīt find any differences.

If you would like to have a look: the old website at http://www.radioactive3d.de
the new website at http://www.themaxer.de/joomla/cpg
Please donīt mind the layout, I havenīt had the time to work on it yet.

Thanks,

J-
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 05:17:35 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: No albums found after server move
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 07:49:22 am »

You did the opposite of what we suggest: you're not suppossed to perform a fresh install on the new server and then import the old stuff, as the database structure will revert back to the old settings. You're suppossed to perform a backup on the old server and restore that backup on the new server. Then (if everything has gone fine), you should have upgraded. If you still can (i.e. if you still have access to the old server via FTP and accessing the database by phpMyAdmin), then perform the backup there. After that, drop the install on the new server and restore the backup there instead. Make sure everything is working as expected standalone (without wrapping stuff into Joomla).
Your issue is not related to initial install, but to upgrading (although you upgraded improperly), so I'm moving your thread accordingly.

jger

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 11:24:05 am »

I donīt quite get it, so I need to ask again: I need to install 1.4.10 on the new server, restore the database and then upgrade to 1.4.14? Or should I upgrade on the old server to 1.4.14, backup, install 1.4.14 on the new server and restore the database now?
Instead of installing 1.4.10 (which I couldnīt find anymore) I just copy my complete cpg-folder to the new server, restore the database and upgrade now? Does this work? Arenīt there any paths I need to change in some php-files?

Thanks and sorry about the wrong forum.

J-

jger

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 04:56:04 pm »

Nevermind, I had the time to try it myself and it worked as you described. Thanks for that, now I just need to upgrade. Fantastic, I love it. =)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.