Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display Category Description on Category Pages  (Read 3129 times)

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
Display Category Description on Category Pages
« on: December 03, 2006, 01:46:44 pm »

I've been trying to display the category description on pages you are taken to when clicking on a category link on the main page but to my dismay haven't been able to come up with the right method. No problem for the albums but the cat issue is not as straightforward. I would like a solution that can be instituted through the theme.php file and not something that would require a core file to be edited as I'm working on a completely new theme and would like this to be possible out of the box.

I've done a pretty through forum search and the only hit that was relevent is - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=12344.0 but it doen't work (at least not for cpg1.4x).

If anyone has been successful with accomplishing this or has any hints on getting this done, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Many thanks!

Gizmo
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

jaks

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Display Category Description on Category Pages
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 07:27:43 am »

I'm searching for this as well and haven't had any luck so far. 

If it can be accomplished then there is other uses for this type of mod like sidebar content related to the specific category and so on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 20 queries.