Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridging Support for phpBB 3.0.X  (Read 10461 times)

Diggy

• Coppermine newbie
Bridging Support for phpBB 3.0.X
« on: January 23, 2008, 06:00:00 pm »

Please excuse me if this is posted in the incorrect forum, but I did look around and did not find any mention of bridging support for the new version of phpBB 3.0.X. I currently run the newest version of phpBB and the bridge feature of coppermine does not work correctly. Any tips or information on how to create a custom bridging file would be helpful as well! Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 08:44:52 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Bridging Support for phpBB 3.0.X
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 08:44:28 am »

There already is a discussion on a preliminary bridge in the thread "phpBB 3 olympus and coppermine 1.4.10 bridge integration". Read the entire thread, especially
[...]
we're not fond of bridges that require core code or database changes of the bridge app. In an ideal world (and a bridge that could possibly become part of the official coppermine distribution), there should only be a bridge file in coppermine's bridge folder and everything else should be done using coppermine's bridge manager. I'm not ready to hear complaints of users who accidentally broke their bridge app by a failed attempt to bridge with coppermine. Such a bridge file will not make it into the next distribution. I believe in not forcing users to hack code, simply because of the issues that this will bring along. Hacks are for geeks and coders. There are a lot of them around of course, so your bridge file is a valid contribution for this type of users.
So far, nobody has contributed a bridge file that meets those requirements (no fiddling with the bridge app's code nor the bridge app's database) - maybe because this is not possible due to the new design of phpbb3. If this is the case, there will be no support built-into cpg1.5.x for phpbb3 and the bridging will always remain a third-party hack (similar to Mehdi's Joomla bridge).
and
[...]
there currently is no official bridge file for phpBB3. This thread deals with a user-contributed bridge in beta stage. The thread clearly explains that the preliminary phpBB3-bridge file goes unsupported and that you're not allowed to ask for support. The only thing you're allowed to do is post a valid test report. This policy is meant to make sure that bugs that currently exist in this beta bridge can be ironed out. If you fail to post a valid report, your posting simply isn't helpfull.
Besides, there is a sticky thread within this board named "When requesting bridge support - mandatory!" and a section in the documentation named "Bridging support"
[...]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.