Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Add Listing takes Forever or never shows up  (Read 2656 times)

glacious

• Coppermine newbie
Batch Add Listing takes Forever or never shows up
« on: March 29, 2004, 02:47:39 am »

I click on "Batch Add' to add a new directory of pictures i've uploaded into /usr/local/www/pictures/albums/userpics/albumn_name  etc...
and it just sits there trying to load the page.  Eventually it'll just stop and not even leave an error.  This CPG 2.x standalone install was created from an exported database of a CPGNuke 1.1d install.  

The albums all show and it seems to be working properly, with the exception of the fact that i can't delete a category and all the albums within it, says something about a permissions error, but i've even tried chmodding everything 777 under the albums dir.  *shrug*

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks again!

-Bill

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 08:11:33 am »

like the documentation says: do not ftp-upload to albums/userpics, but to albums/your_folder/. FTP-uploading to userpics will result in strange behaviour.

GauGau

glacious

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 02:58:57 pm »

Like I said, I moved it from a CPGNuke 1.1d port, where it was setup (as default) to be in the /albums/userpics/ folder, and then theres like 40 folders under there each containing an individual album.  So should I re-export the CPGNuke 1.1d database, and reinstall this CPG 2.x standalone implementation, and just do a find/replace on the folder names in the data base backup file?

like replace /albums/userpics/
with /albums/This_category/   ?

and just set /albums/This_category to be the default place to look for batch add folders/pictures?

Also, does CPG 2.2x allow duplicate file names across albums?  I remember it being a problem with 1.1d in CPGNuke that if in Album A I had a picture called blah.jpg, and in Album B I also had a picture called blah.jpg, it would not show up in batch add.

Thanks again!

-Bill

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 07:08:59 am »

it doesn't matter if you come from cpgnuke or not, and it doesn't matter where your old pics are stored. If you want to use batch-add, do not ftp-upload to "userpics", but to some other folder within the albums directory (as a sidenote: in cpgnuke, your aren't supposed to ftp-upload into userpics either). Having similar names in different folders is no problem at all.

GauGau

P.S. cpg2.2 doesn't exist, it's cpg1.2 :wink:

glacious

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 02:42:36 am »

thanks again! :)

hopefully i can re-export the old CPG Nuke and import it into this CPG 2.2 installation and have it work flawlessly.

-Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.