Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to transfer Gallery,config.inc.php problem  (Read 4006 times)

brooke89

• Coppermine newbie
Trying to transfer Gallery,config.inc.php problem
« on: January 23, 2008, 02:34:02 am »

Hi there,

I am new to this forum,sorry if I sound stupid.And I hope this is the right place to post  :-\

Well,this is the easiest way to explain it..

I am trying to transfer my gallery from karleycentral.awardspace.com/gallery (free awardspace hosting account) to karleycentral.com/gallery (on my paid hosting account) because the free one keeps going down and Im finding its quite unreliable.Plus I wanted to shorten the gallery url.

I uploaded the gallery folder,backed up the database etc etc. and now Im at the editing the config.inc.php step I put in my sql details,username,password etc. and thats seemed to be going fine until I got to the prefix part..It keeps coming up with a prefix error but Ive tried the prefixes that are included in my phpMyAdmin.

I have gotten so far and its very frustrating.Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? Heres my config.inc.php file..

Code: [Select]
<?php
// Coppermine configuration file

// MySQL configuration
$CONFIG['dbserver'] =                         'pdb1.awardspace.com';        // Your database server
$CONFIG['dbuser'] =                         'brooke_89_mysql';        // Your mysql username
$CONFIG['dbpass'] =                         'password here;                // Your mysql password
$CONFIG['
dbname'] =                         'brooke_89_mysql';        // Your mysql database name

// MySQL TABLE NAMES PREFIX
$CONFIG['
TABLE_PREFIX'] =                'cpg14xx_';
?>

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Trying to transfer Gallery,config.inc.php problem
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 08:32:54 am »

Take a look at the database dump that you have made on your old server. What's the table prefix there?

brooke89

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:36:50 am »

I just took a look.The prefix is cpg145x_ Have just retried with that prefix and double checked the sql info and it all appears to be correct.

All I'm gettingf is a blank page www.karleycentral.com/gallery

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 09:41:08 am »

You haven't uploaded all files from the coppermine package to that page. Get a fresh coppermine package, make sure to extract the archive with the option to preserve sub-folders within the archive. Then upload all files that are suppossed to reside on the server as if you were performing an upgrade as suggested in the docs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.