Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does not seem to upload pic  (Read 4786 times)

xeronex

• Coppermine newbie
Does not seem to upload pic
« on: January 22, 2008, 11:04:40 pm »

Hi Guys i have setup my gallery all seems ok but users cannot seem to upload files

anychance somebody could have a look for me pls?  :)

the url is http://192.168.1.100/cpg/login.php

user test
pass testing

I have also set the folder permisions

thx in advance

Nibbler

Re: Does not seem to upload pic
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 11:07:49 pm »

Wrong link, and you didn't follow the upload troubleshooting steps.

xeronex

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 07:34:01 am »

sorry it was late the link is www.samueljames.ath.cx/cpg/

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 07:57:55 am »

You haven't done as suggested. Again: read the upload troubleshooting section of the docs and the section that is named "aking for support on upload issues". You haven't set the number of file upload fields to 1 and the number of uri upload fields to 0. You haven't enabled debug_mode. What kind of help do you expect if you don't heed supporter's advice. From the docs (the section we have to refer so often, which is very sad btw. since you agreed to read the docs before asking questions when you signed up for this forum):
Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!

xeronex

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 08:51:26 am »

sorry i used my mobile to correct the link, i will do as asked when i get home

Have i been told off? Is that why i got -1 karma

xeronex

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 05:54:29 pm »

can you please have a look now at http://www.samueljames.ath.cx/cpg/
user:test
pass:testing

I am sorry if i have done anything wrong i have read the faq and done to the best of knowlage

Thx

xeronex

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 07:46:18 pm »

Have changed setting: Method for resizing images to GD VERSION 2X and still no good :(

xeronex

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 09:31:12 pm »

ok update i displays thumbnail now but no main pic any ideas?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 07:52:19 am »

I get
Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
on your page. Fix that first.

xeronex

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 12:20:50 pm »

you should be able to connect to it now

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 07:47:22 am »

The error message I initially got is
The file you have uploaded is not a valid image !
File: /share/HDA_DATA/Qweb/cpg/db_input.php - Line: 370
with a known good file. Testing a second time, the upload process finished, but the file didn't show on the new page http://www.samueljames.ath.cx/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-5
Properties of the file show that it is suppossed to be located at http://www.samueljames.ath.cx/cpg/albums/userpics/10003/kursaaldesdeulia20059ns.jpg. Going to that URL I got a "404 not found".
Imo you have several issues: make sure that you have set permissions on the album folder as suggested in the docs.

xeronex

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 08:18:57 am »

thx for your help do you think it would maybe worth re installing coppermine?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 09:16:16 am »

No, uninstalling and re-installing will not change the permissions at all, so your problems will not go away when doing that. Coppermine is not a desktop app that you uninstall and re-install to make issues go away, so that's generally not a bright idea.
Why don't you do as I suggested and review the permissions section of the docs instead. It's important that you understand permissions - you will need that piece of knowledge not only for coppermine, but for all sorts of pre-made scripts. It's important that you understand how permissions work. As suggested in the permissions section of the docs, you might have to ask your webhost for support if you have no idea what permission level you need, as this differs from webserver setup to webserver setup. This isn't something that we could possibly help you with. Many users ask why this has to be so complicated, because the permissions concept on (mostly Linux-driven) webservers is alien to them. They blame the coppermine devs for this process being so complicated. Well, simply put: we can't make it easier for you. The coppermine script (or any PHP-driven script) doesn't have the powers to change the permissions. From the preliminary documentation for cpg1.5.x (that apply in this case to cpg1.4.x as well):
Asking for support on permissions issues

Most users who come from a Windows-background (or who have no idea about how permissions work at all) frequently ask on the Coppermine support board "Why does this have to be so complicated? Why don't you just create a script that handles all those complicated permission issues for me?". The answer is pretty straightforward: because we can't.
Coppermine has been built to work on a number of platforms and operating systems. The permissions that you need to set are part of how the operating system of your webserver works - they are not related to Coppermine in itself. A script can't assign permissions to itself if it doesn't have the privilege to do so. Think of it as if it was the structure of an army: a soldier who is low in rank can not promote himself to be a general; only officers who actually have higher privileges can promote regular soldiers to a higher rank. They wouldn't make them a general in the first place though, but just give them the rank they need to do their job (i.e. they would promote a private to corporal).
As the setup of webservers differs, we can't give you a simple, straightforward instruction like "CHMOD everything to 755 and you'll be done". Although this may be the case for many on shared webhosting, it might not apply to you. On some server setups, it might not be enough. On others, it might be a security risk. Yet on another machine, it may not apply at all because there is no such command.

Supporters are reluctant to answer the same questions on permissions over and over gain, as they are not related to Coppermine in the first place. If you ask a permissions-related question on the Coppermine support board that clearly shows that you haven't read the documentation (at least the part that covers permissions), then you will probably get a harsh answer, or no answer at all. Please think twice, read the permissions section carefully. There's little others could do to help you on this. If you're really stuck, you better ask your webhost for support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.