Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with unkown signs in filenames, picture/thumbnail gets broken.  (Read 8743 times)

dke

Hi,

I've found a issue when one of my users upload pictures with signs "åäö" (swedish) the system does not understand and puts "???" instead of the original signs, which ends up in a broken image, the image is there however the path to the image becomes "???" instead of the original signs.

How can i prevent this? Is there a way to tell coppermine to rename the signatures it does not understand to something it does understand?

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 11:03:22 am by Joachim Müller »

dke

Re: Issue with unkown signs in filenames, picture/thumbnail gets broken.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 11:01:08 am »

Im sorry this is not a coppermine issue, the issue is with jupload script, ill check there.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 11:03:11 am »

Unable to replicate - works fine on my testbed. Post a deep link to the page that embedds such a pic. Also review your forbidden chars settings in coppermine's config.

Edit: I noticed that you replied with your remark about jupload after having composed my above message. Marking thread as "invalid".

dke

Coppermine issue or apache issue? Viewing files with "?" in the filename.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 11:51:29 am »

Hi,

I made a previous post about this and i though it could be a jupload issue or a coppermine issue, however im very unsure now as i tested to upload a picture to this gallery : http://etiennegauthier.free.fr/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0

and you can clearly see that the image is viewable even if it contains the "?" character in the filename.

I have checked the config "Characters forbidden in filenames" and tested to both have "?" in there (default) and also remove it, does not work anyhow.

Here is a link to the gallery: http://83.226.208.233/thumbnails.php?album=2556&page=3 if you can see anything that might cause the issue within coppermine, or maybe this is a php / apache related issue?

Thank you!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

The page you refer to is improperly set up - it contains non-unicode encoded textual content, hence the "funny characters". Not related to upload.
Anyway, merging with your initial report.

dke

The page you refer to is improperly set up - it contains non-unicode encoded textual content, hence the "funny characters". Not related to upload.
Anyway, merging with your initial report.

Hi, thank you for the information.

Do you have any clue how to repair/fix the stuff that is improperly setup?

I tried to search but failed to find anything related.

Thank you!

dke

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 01:46:56 pm »

Is this somewhat related to my issue?

From template.html
Code: [Select]
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset={CHARSET}" />
I cannot figure out if this issue is apache related or if its something wrong on the coppermine installation or abit of both? Totally new territory for me.

dke

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 02:06:57 pm »

Found another thread with similar issue, however my page is already configured using UTF-8 charset, and im not sure if i need to run charsetmgr.php?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 07:04:19 pm »

If you have an issue with uploading files, why don't you do as suggested in the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues"?

Is this somewhat related to my issue?
No. Leave that line of code alone - it's fine the way it is.

Found another thread with similar issue
Then why don't you post a link to it if you want our opinion if it's related to your issue? I don't know all threads on this board by heart.

dke

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 09:39:18 pm »

If you have an issue with uploading files, why don't you do as suggested in the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues"?
No. Leave that line of code alone - it's fine the way it is.

Okey thanks!

Then why don't you post a link to it if you want our opinion if it's related to your issue? I don't know all threads on this board by heart.

Sorry, i do make alot of mistakes, my karma goes down the drain!!

This thread is very much similar to my problem (??) http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=41564.0
I do not fully understand this whole charset thing, its very new to me.

I do most appreciate all the time and help you guys put in to this, im sorry im not the best "customer"

Thanks again!!

dke

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 10:31:13 pm »

Found another thread very similar to my issue: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=29620.0

I have no idea what to do, ive tested to save all my php files in the root to "utf-8", does not change anything. Ive tested to change the charset in the config file of coppermine, no difference there either.

dke

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 10:50:40 pm »

Ive tested to convert all with charsetmgr.php to utf-8 now.. no change, all txt files are converted to utf-8, tested jupload latest version, no change there (i know you said this wasn't upload related but i though id test anyway).

So i've done all there is to do or is there more? Atleast i know my database is utf-8 and apache is utf8 to, and my coppermine SHOULD be utf-8 as ive specified it in the config.

What am i seriously missing, why is my gallery refusing to take these characters?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 08:28:31 am »

Okey thanks!
Well, don't just post "OK", but do as suggested there!

dke

Re: Coppermine issue or apache issue? Viewing files with "?" in the filename.
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 09:37:28 am »

Yes this is my issue, but how do i fix it?

I did read the FAQ but i could not find my exact issue, but maybe it will help you to see what the issue really is (if it is upload related)
You do not need a "test account" to upload to my gallery, i have guest uploads on, also the exact same thing happens if you upload as a guest or a admin.

The issue is when i upload using "jupload" (which is my default upload script) the characters "åäö" in the filename gets transformed to "?" and the gallery cannot find the pictures. Just go to http://83.226.208.233/index.php?file=jupload/jupload and upload a picture with filename testpicåäö.jpg and see what happens!

The same thing happens using the default "upload.php" if i don't put "åäö" in "Characters forbidden in filenames".

If i put "åäö" in "Characters forbidden in filenames" upload.php will rename these characters to "_" which does work for my gallery, however jupload does not.

I know you could say its jupload problem but still it isn't, these characters are known by utf-8 and shouldn't be a problem?

I've checked my php settings, apache settings, and sql settings, everything is running with utf-8 that i can see.

Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 09:43:44 am »

I didn't say that you're suppossed to read the FAQ. I told you to read the section "upload troubleshooting" of the coppermine documentation. As you seem to be a slow learner, here's the deep link to that section: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble
Also read the next section on that page that is named "asking for support on upload issues". Again, here's the deep link to that section: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_support
Read that up carefully and do exactly as suggested there.

dke

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 09:52:42 am »

Thread can be closed, it has spun out of control as this issue isn't even related to the upload , im sorry for the confusion.
Ill try solving this another way.

Thanks for the continous support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.