Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine Version 1.4 not compatible with PHP5  (Read 5733 times)

timepilot

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine Version 1.4 not compatible with PHP5
« on: January 21, 2008, 01:10:55 am »

I recently had my website moved to another server at my hosting company due to access problems, meaning most of the time my site wasn't there. :o  Now they are telling me that I need to upgrade to a newer version of Coppermine. But keep in mind they already had my gallery running on this new server that has PHP5. I've provided a link for someone to look at and see if you come to form the same opinion as I do. I think they are wrong!

Link

Nibbler

Re: Coppermine Version 1.4 not compatible with PHP5
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 01:20:26 am »

Your include_path is wrong. Where it says . (dot) it should say .: (dot colon).

I am constantly amazed by the incompetence of various webhosts' support people.

timepilot

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 07:51:33 am »

I'm told by my hosting company that I must upgrade Coppermine to the latest version so it will work with PHP5. How can this be true if it already worked on the new server, then why would I need to upgrade the gallery? Keep in mind now my gallery is restored but all of the time tech support at the hosting company is telling me I must upgrade the gallery. They even said they had to reconfigure the server just to get my gallery to work. ::)  I believe they are full of bologna! :) What do you think?   BTW Thanks for your help Nibbler!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:57:40 am »

Your webhost is right to advice to update to the most recent stable release - if you're running anything else but cpg1.4.14, it's mandatory to upgrade for security reasons. However, your webhost is wrong to say that older versions of coppermine don't work with PHP5 - all releases of cpg1.4.x worked fine with PHP5. As Nibbler suggested: they seem to be rather incompetent - you might want to look for another webhost (you're welcome to tell them about this and maybe make them aware of this thread). If you want details, post a link to your gallery (instead of just posting a link to a screenshot).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.