Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Support for Cooliris PicLens  (Read 24793 times)

cheeta

• Coppermine newbie
Support for Cooliris PicLens
« on: January 21, 2008, 09:49:43 pm »

Hello,

I am using copper mine for a long time.. its a really nice software but with Web 2.0 is in real need for some thing new and attractive one of which is indeed Cooliris PicLens >> http://www.piclens.com/site/firefox/win/

I am no good at coding :( so I am looking for a mod and if possible them native support for PicLense on the next version :)

thank you...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 09:34:34 am by Joachim Müller »

cheeta

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Support for Cooliris PicLens
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 07:21:46 am »

hello sir, any beloved Copper mine developer is there ?? may i expect any new on whether it is possible for including support for Cooliris PicLens for Coppermine via a mod or may be a native feature in next version ??

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:34:20 am »

The application you refer to is a client app. It can not possibly go into coppermine (which is a server-driven app). Full-size slideshows are a feature that may (or may not) go into the next release. This board is meant for suggestions of features in future versions. You can't expect immediate answers. Developers may or may not take your suggestions into account. PicLens is a proprietary piece of software that is only available for particular operating systems. I strongly doubt that something like this will go into coppermine's core anyway. As far as I understand it, the app PicLens is using content from any web page and sort-of magnifies it, using client sided techniques, so your request is rather invalid. Marking thread accordingly.

spule

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 10:50:59 pm »

I don't agree with you.

Piclens is currently works on:

* Flickr, Smugmug, DeviantArt, Photobucket, Picasa
* Facebook, MySpace, Bebo, Hi5, Friendster
* Image search on Google, Yahoo, Ask, Live, and AOL
* A growing number of Media RSS-enabled web sites

It would be great if you'd integrate Media RSS into Coppermine so that the pictures could be viewed using PicLens.  This plugin is mRRS-enabled (I use it and it works with PicLens) but not very good or customisable and it's written inappropirately. Please consider integrating Media RSS into coppermine. There's a tutorial on how to integrate PicLens in a web page here. PicLens Lite could eventually replace the present slideshows (it runs the browser add-on if it's installed; if the add-on is not installed, a javascript non-3D lite-version is run).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 06:33:09 pm by spule »

colinsp

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 10:12:24 am »

Have a look at this thread it is possible easily.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=48819.0

bitcloud

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 03:07:56 pm »

It looks really simple to implement if you have the RSS knowhow..

it's just a matter of coppermine supporting the media RSS format... (which as I understand it is a standard format being used by basically every major media/photo site out there)

maybe not core piclens support, but core media RSS support would really be widely appreciated I'm sure...

HostV

• Coppermine newbie
    • HostV
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 07:45:03 am »

Maybe piclens will work together with coppermine! :)
HostV - VPS Hosting -  *Link Removed*

username1357

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 08:14:46 am »

The application you refer to is a client app. It can not possibly go into coppermine (which is a server-driven app). Full-size slideshows are a feature that may (or may not) go into the next release. This board is meant for suggestions of features in future versions. You can't expect immediate answers. Developers may or may not take your suggestions into account. PicLens is a proprietary piece of software that is only available for particular operating systems. I strongly doubt that something like this will go into coppermine's core anyway. As far as I understand it, the app PicLens is using content from any web page and sort-of magnifies it, using client sided techniques, so your request is rather invalid. Marking thread accordingly.

Your arrogance is ugly.

Of course Piclens is a client application, but it requires minimal server support - Media RSS - and it does more than just "sort-of magnify" page content. Yet your ignorance indicates you are less interested in educating yourself and more interested in making condescending remarks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 06:38:38 pm »

And how exactly is your posting meant to educate or bring benefit to everyone else? The only thing I can see in your posting is someone who's trying to start an argument.

Forgive me for not reading all details of the specs of third party apps that people ask support for on this board. I's doing as much as I want to, as I'm nobody's slave. If you want to improve coppermine in a way that adds RSS outputt to it, then fine: go ahead and post your mod for the benefit of others who might find it usefull. But please do not try to start another flame war. I'm too tired to argue with you, so if you think that you need to reply again in the manner you replied above, I'll pull the emergency cord.

Joachim

Satyr

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Gothic Model Gallery - Dark Photo Art
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 07:23:32 am »

I am already in contact with the piclens-team to get it working in my gallery.
If this will be successful, i will start a thread here with an explanation.  :)
Kein Support über PN. Bitte im Forum posten, dann ist anderen auch geholfen.

http://www.gothicmodels.net/gothicmodels/gallery/

Testuser: Test23 PW: 123456

shiftsrl

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Apple Reseller
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 02:52:00 pm »

Satyr, there is any news about this topic? I'm interested in make piclens work with my coppermine gallery...
Shift Srl
 *Link Removed*

andiwe

• Coppermine novice
    • Nordschleifenbilder.de
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 08:56:35 pm »

There's a quite simple Plugin for those of you that work with small galleries:

http://blog.raeberus.ch/2008/03/08/coppermine-plugin-fur-piclens/
http://raeberus.ch/getplugin.php

Since that didn't fit my need's i smashed this plugin together with easyrss to fit into my site.
Andi

--- for Cooliris Piclens CPG Plugin (Easy RSS Mod) check out my Website Link ---

Nibbler

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 09:36:03 pm »

I wouldn't advise using that plugin, it has many coding issues and is vulnerable to SQL injection.

andiwe

• Coppermine novice
    • Nordschleifenbilder.de
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 10:54:15 pm »

Thanks for pointing out this problem.
Thanks at Joachim for your post in the coresponding Blog - that makes sure everyone is aware of the Problems.

Since i'am no Coder i don't know for sure if my Plugin is fully safe too. I just took some code of the above plugin for my Gallery but my Plugin is mainly modded out ouf the easyRSS Feed. It has sure some good ideas regarding the PicLens functionality as there is:
- loading the Galleries partly in Piclens with automatic relaoding of following Pictures in the PicLens View
- If loaded from album view, jump back to the correct album
And there are many issues like no Support for Cats etc.  :-\

I don't know how User / Private Galleries are treated since i don't use 'em.  :-[

I'm willing to share my code with the community. But i wanna make sure it is safe to use. Is there any non public part of the Forum where i can post the Code to, and some of the Team have a look at it ?
I will not post it public or give it away to someone else until that is checked.
Andi

--- for Cooliris Piclens CPG Plugin (Easy RSS Mod) check out my Website Link ---

Nibbler

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 12:20:00 am »

Thanks Joachim and andiwe.

As far as I can see the plugin has not been released under any kind of license so we don't have permission to distribute any modified/fixed versions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.