Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error message: impossible to move  (Read 5066 times)

FansiteLover08

• Coppermine newbie
Error message: impossible to move
« on: January 21, 2008, 07:29:25 pm »

I have had my gallery for a while now and have not had a problem uploding images. However, now i am getting the error message 'impossible to move'. I did what was suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs and this is what i got..
Impossible to move 03~19.jpg to albums/userpics/10001/ !
Please help!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 07:50:26 am by Joachim Müller »

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
  • I am currently on holiday, back in a few weeks. :D
Re: Error message: impossible to move
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 09:23:14 pm »

Quote from: The Manual
4.11.5 Asking for support on upload issues
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
Tambien, Hablo Español      PHP - Achieve Anything
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

FansiteLover08

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 10:03:35 pm »

Do you have any idea what's wrong?
I have read the docs already.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 12:28:47 am »

After reading it you should actually do what it tells you to do. See in particular the section highlighted in bold above.

tamiafans.net

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 04:26:13 am »

I have this same issue.  My website is www.tamiafans.net/gallery and the test username is: test and password is: test.  Anyone who can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 08:14:48 am »

@tamiafans: you already have a thread of your own, don't hijack someone else's thread. Stay out of this thread. I already answered the thread you started. >:(

FansiteLover08

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 04:55:55 pm »

Okay, sorry about that :/
http://mygallery.galacnet.com/HomeandAway/index.php
Usename: test
Password: test
Thankyou.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 06:51:05 pm »

• You're running cpg1.4.9, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.14, so you run 5 versions behind. Upgrade as suggested in the docs!
  • Your free webhosting is injecting code in places where it shouldn't (before the doctype declaration and after the clsing </html>-tag. This is of course silly, but a technique often used by cheap (or free) webhosts. Are you sure that they fullfill the minimum requirements, i.e. has someone reported to have Coppermine running on that free webhost? You get what you pay for IMO.
  • I get the error message "Failed to create directory albums/userpics/10003 !  ", which clearly shows that yours is a permissions or safe mode issue. Review the corresponding sections of the docs. You need to make sure that the user the webserver runs under has write permissions on the albums folder and everything within it.

FansiteLover08

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 08:25:04 pm »

- How do i upgrade, and i don't think you can upgrade my gallery any higher than cpg1.4.9 (that's what it says in the docs)?
- I have read the safe mode section of the docs, however i don't understand why i only have this problem now, or how to fix it? :/ My gallery does not run on a host, just mygallery.galacnet.com. I do not have an ftp programme.

One more thing, i don't know if it is related..a while ago when i tried to upload pictures they were not showing up, but when i changed the 'Method for resizing images' in the config to GD version 2.x it seemed to fix the problem. Does this have anything to do with my current problem?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 07:45:24 am »

- How do i upgrade, and i don't think you can upgrade my gallery any higher than cpg1.4.9 (that's what it says in the docs)?
Of course the docs that came with cpg1.4.9 say that cpg1.4.9 is the most recent version. There is a copy of the documents available here as well (link at the top of the screen). The upgrading section there explains how to update.

- I have read the safe mode section of the docs, however i don't understand why i only have this problem now, or how to fix it? :/
Check phpinfo to find out if your webhost is running in safe mode.

My gallery does not run on a host, just mygallery.galacnet.com.
You must be the miracle person who doesn't need a webserver to run a website ::). Of course your gallery is running on a webserver (aka host).

I do not have an ftp programme.
Then get one. We recommend FileZilla.

One more thing, i don't know if it is related..a while ago when i tried to upload pictures they were not showing up, but when i changed the 'Method for resizing images' in the config to GD version 2.x it seemed to fix the problem. Does this have anything to do with my current problem?
Use the image library that is available on your webserver. Read the FAQ to find out what image library is available on your webserver. We can't tell you. Usually, GD2 is fine (because it's the most common one that comes with PHP).

You appear to have installed using an auto-installer. We don't support that. The only supported install method is the one we explain in our docs. The only supported upgrade method is the one explained in our docs. Upgrade as we suggest.

FansiteLover08

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 09:34:32 pm »

The problem is now fixed, it seemed to be related to Coppermine making a new server.
Anyone who is experiencig this problem now or in the last week, then it could be the same issue. You will just have to wait, it should fix itself.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 07:50:12 am »

Glad that your issue is solved, but your explanation and your advice for others is nonsense and just wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.