Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: admin links gone  (Read 16463 times)

hozyali

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • HozyAli
    • Starcom Hosting
admin links gone
« on: January 21, 2008, 09:35:05 am »

After upgrading to 1.4 from 1.3, I am unable to see the admin links in gallery. I see the same login buttons even after logged in as administrator.

Please advise.

Ali

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: admin links gone
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 10:04:04 am »

Not related to fresh installs, but upgrading. Moving accordingly.
You'll need to update your custom theme as suggested in the docs: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/theme/edit_theme.html
If this doesn't help: post a link to your gallery for a start... ::)

hozyali

• HozyAli
    • Starcom Hosting
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 10:21:05 am »

Not related to fresh installs, but upgrading. Moving accordingly.
You'll need to update your custom theme as suggested in the docs: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/theme/edit_theme.html
If this doesn't help: post a link to your gallery for a start... ::)

in my other post, I asked and nibbler told me that the old theme will work so I just copied it on the new one. anyway, I will try to edit the theme and ask here for further help.

Thanks
Ali

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:32:01 am »

In the other thread you refer to you reported to be upgrading from cpg1.4.10 to cpg1.4.14, so Nibbler's reply is totally correct: nothing changed in the theme engine from cpg1.4.10 to cpg1.4.14. However, in this thread you said that you were upgrading from cpg1.3.x to cpg1.4.14, which is an entirely different animal. The theming engine has changed from the major version cpg1.3.x to cpg1.4.x.

hozyali

• HozyAli
    • Starcom Hosting
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 12:39:04 pm »

In the other thread you refer to you reported to be upgrading from cpg1.4.10 to cpg1.4.14, so Nibbler's reply is totally correct: nothing changed in the theme engine from cpg1.4.10 to cpg1.4.14. However, in this thread you said that you were upgrading from cpg1.3.x to cpg1.4.14, which is an entirely different animal. The theming engine has changed from the major version cpg1.3.x to cpg1.4.x.

I apologize, I mistakenly wrote 1.3, but actually its still cpg1.4.10 to cpg1.4.14... sorry again.

hozyali

• HozyAli
    • Starcom Hosting
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 12:40:58 pm »

I tried creating the theme again with the provided guide. but it didn't help I am still unable to get the admin links.. please advise.

Ali

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 06:14:23 pm »

Well, the guide I refered to assumes that you were upgrading from cpg1.3.x to cpg1.4.x, as I explained above. It won't help you when upgrading from cpg1.4.10 to cpg1.4.14.

After upgrading [...] I am unable to see the admin links in gallery. I see the same login buttons even after logged in as administrator.
Post a link to your gallery and attach a screenshot to your next posting (using "additional options" when composing your message) that shows the page where the missing links are suppossed to be. What's an "admin link" in your opinion? Do you mean the entire admin menu or are you refering to the link to coppermine's config.
Post details for details. Posting a link to your gallery is almost mandatory when starting a new thread - I'm sure you have been told so before...

hozyali

• HozyAli
    • Starcom Hosting
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 07:16:58 pm »

sorry for the confusion.

the link is hxxp://www.myrescueteam.com/gallery

I am talking about the entire admin menu. it does not appear even after admin login.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 09:04:28 am »

Actual link is http://www.myrescueteam.com/gallery/ - please pay better attention to your syntax when posting.

You appear to have modified the classic theme, which is not a bright idea - you should have renamed your custom theme to make sure it doesn't get overwritten when updating as suggested in http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#theme_create_rename

You have failed to do as I suggested:
attach a screenshot to your next posting (using "additional options" when composing your message) that shows the page where the missing links are suppossed to be.
Why do you make it so hard for supporters to actually help you?

hozyali

• HozyAli
    • Starcom Hosting
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 07:27:48 pm »

sorry. its attached. the screen is taken after logged in as admin

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 08:48:50 am »

Seems like you have over-modified the theme. The admin menu isn't there at all. To review, temporarily use another theme and check if the admin menu shows up there. If you want us to review your custom theme, zip your custom theme folder and then attach the archive to your next posting.

hozyali

• HozyAli
    • Starcom Hosting
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 09:04:54 am »

I tried the default classic theme and hardwired both but neither worked.

the theme I use current is named as Classic_old and its attached with this post.

Thanks for your help

Ali

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 09:12:43 am »

the theme I use current is named as Classic_old and its attached with this post.
No, you're not using a theme named "Classic_old". You're using the "classic" theme, as the HTML output of your page clearly shows.

I told you to zip the entire folder, not just the content of the folder.

hozyali

• HozyAli
    • Starcom Hosting
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 09:27:56 am »

You said...
If you want us to review your custom theme, zip your custom theme folder and then attach the archive to your next posting.

So I did and attached with my last post. classic_old.zip is still attached there.

Ali

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 09:49:04 am »

I know what I told you. Then why don't you do as I suggested? Zip the entire folder! You do that (assuming that you're using WinZip or similar) by right-clicking on the folder (not the files that reside in that folder) and choosing "add to archive" (or whatever your favorite zip app says). If you do it that way, supporters can see how the folder is actually named, because the zip will then contain the folder and the files will reside in that folder. This will help us to figure out the issues that you're obviously having.
Do you think that it's a bright idea to argue with supporters instead of just doing what you're told? Do you think that this will make it more likely that someone is going to look into your issues? This is free support. You're asking for a favor from us, not vice versa. Don't behave so difficult. ::)

hozyali

• HozyAli
    • Starcom Hosting
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 09:58:18 am »

attached

hozyali

• HozyAli
    • Starcom Hosting
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 10:08:54 am »

Do you think that it's a bright idea to argue with supporters instead of just doing what you're told? Do you think that this will make it more likely that someone is going to look into your issues? This is free support. You're asking for a favor from us, not vice versa. Don't behave so difficult. ::)

I didn't try to argue anyway. I just did what is my style in order to zip files. You can call it a mistake or whatever you like. The zip I sent had the folder name.zip already. so it makes the folder when clicking on unzip files in foldername.zip whatever.

I appreciate your help. Thanks for that.

Regards
Ali

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 10:18:56 am »

You had a mistake both in template.html (wrong link to stylesheet) and a severe issue in theme.php - you copied the entire content of themes/sample/theme.php into your custom theme, overriding all core definitions. That's just wrong - you're only suppossed to override the stuff that you actually want to see changed. I modified your theme accordingly. Backup your existing theme as a safety precaution, then overwrite the theme on your gallery with the one I attached.
However, your initial issue seems not to be related to the theme changes. If the admin menu doesn't show at all, make sure that your logon sticks. To do that, delete your cookies in your browser, then try loging in again.
If this doesn't help, PM me an admin account.

hozyali

• HozyAli
    • Starcom Hosting
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 10:12:58 am »

You had a mistake both in template.html (wrong link to stylesheet) and a severe issue in theme.php - you copied the entire content of themes/sample/theme.php into your custom theme, overriding all core definitions. That's just wrong - you're only suppossed to override the stuff that you actually want to see changed. I modified your theme accordingly. Backup your existing theme as a safety precaution, then overwrite the theme on your gallery with the one I attached.
However, your initial issue seems not to be related to the theme changes. If the admin menu doesn't show at all, make sure that your logon sticks. To do that, delete your cookies in your browser, then try loging in again.
If this doesn't help, PM me an admin account.

hi, I sent you a PM with admin login details... did you have a chance to look into it?

Thanks
Ali

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 09:31:00 am »

The login doesn't stick due to cookie issues. I wasn't able to figure out what actually goes wrong.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.