Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failed to retrieve directory listing, vanishing images  (Read 2898 times)

Scias

• Coppermine regular visitor
Failed to retrieve directory listing, vanishing images
« on: January 21, 2008, 05:39:09 am »

link: Here Possible Adult Content, but none present.

account info:

name: Test

pass: 12345

ok.. i ran into this bug last night. when i try to upload a batch of folders (a main folder, then 5-6 folders sorted as albums basically), it shows it uploads with proper size, downloads all the pictures, but when u click on the albums, they either #1 show empty, or #2 give a Error:Failed to retrieve directory listing from my ftp server. now if i upload it folder by folder (the album folders) it will work. i am extremely boggled at this, as i used this method for months, and have NOT changed anything in last day or 2 at all.

when i http upload, no errors are displayed.  it's not my ftp program likely, as i re-installed it new version, nothing, re-installed CPG, nothing, deleted and remade the folders, nothing. yes i did chmod them to proper settings.

im curious if possibly, the lettering may be the issue, but i dont see how... the categorys use (), and the albums use a format like... Name of Series - (album name) im wondering if that dash and/or spaces could be causing the issue, but doesnt explain as i can still upload it named like that if just the album folder..

HELP?! :P and sorry if i missed something, i did read the guide, etc. just so frustrated... :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Failed to retrieve directory listing, vanishing images
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 08:21:41 am »

Message on your gallery:
   *-* Doujin News *-*Well, i had to re-install the whole f'ing gallery!!!! bah. least i had no major work done here yet :) ill be adding the doujins slowly, but surely over next week or so, almost 1300 doujins, and 40k pics -.- and i skipped ALOT.
and your message:
it's not my ftp program likely, as i re-installed it new version, nothing, re-installed CPG, nothing, deleted and remade the folders, nothing.
Why did you re-install instead of fixing your errors? Your issues may be related. Coppermine is not a desktop app that you uninstall and re-install to fix issues.

http uploads work as expected (see http://www.hentaioverkill.net/cpg1414/displayimage.php?pos=-72).
i ran into this bug last night.
Shouting "bug" is not a bright idea if you expect help. Rather PEBKAC issue usually.

when i try to upload a batch of folders (a main folder, then 5-6 folders sorted as albums basically), it shows it uploads with proper size, downloads all the pictures, but when u click on the albums, they either #1 show empty, or #2 give a Error:Failed to retrieve directory listing from my ftp server.
Post the exact error message - "Failed to retrieve directory listing from my ftp server" is definitely not an error message from coppermine. Also post a deep link to one of the files that you're having issues with when batch-adding.

Scias

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: Failed to retrieve directory listing, vanishing images
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 12:56:01 pm »

well, i cant "pin point" the error into the CPG is the issue. but it seems if i ftp add a "2 tiered" folder, aka a folder, then with a few folders inside, it will fail to show the images inside, the inside folders. if i remove these interal folders out, make a copy of the first tier folder (identical name, etc) on the server, then upload the "tier 2" albums into it, it works... why im completly boggled, and it is NOT happening with my other cpg gallery, which is why it is confusing me :) for now, ill just work around this, as i cant even pin-point a actual "error" to pin this on, or show any evidence of what is causing it... i have found a slower, but doable work around for now, till hopefully i can figure this error out my self. sorry for troubling.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.