Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Now thumbnails do not wrap  (Read 2920 times)

disposition

• Coppermine frequent poster
Now thumbnails do not wrap
« on: January 20, 2008, 03:54:42 am »

I am now wondering why my thumbnails are not wrapping text, as I got the youtube wrapping problem fixed now it turned into the thumbnail not wrapping correctly. The link below will show you.  You can for sure see which one is the problem. It seems again it is only happening on the youtube video thumbnails and latest addition areas. ( I also attached my theme just in case ya need it).

http://www.blackdeathmetal.com/thumbnails.php?album=2

Thanks for helping me with this one .

Dan
www.blackdeathmetal.com
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 08:33:38 am by Joachim Müller »

disposition

Re: Now thumbnails do not wrap
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 05:31:41 am »

I have a bit of added info.

For some reason my text does not wrap if it is one long word, SAY A LINK OR SOMETHING LIKE IT.  If it is typed like a typical sentence it will wrap.  Now I am truly confused. I tried to change Max number of characters in a word but didn't make a difference and wasn't even sure if it would or not.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 10:16:19 am »

For some reason my text does not wrap if it is one long word, SAY A LINK OR SOMETHING LIKE IT.
Well, that's a typical problem that thousands of HTML/CSS designers have, no matter if it's in relation to coppermine or standalone. You have a particular container that is being determined by a set of CSS properties - now what happens if you have content that is too wide for that container? There are some CSS bits that are meant to deal with this issue, but they don't work very well cross-browsers. Best thing is to avoid long content in the first place. If it is you who fills the content in: make sure that it's not too long. If it is your users who do that: use PHP to truncate long inputs.

disposition

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 04:22:57 pm »

Thanks for check'n on it....I suppose I will just shorten description length, I was hoping there was a better ending for this issue but at least i learnd something new.

Thanks again.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.