Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adsense and skyscraper question. (common i know)  (Read 5196 times)

Scias

• Coppermine regular visitor
Adsense and skyscraper question. (common i know)
« on: January 16, 2008, 04:42:24 am »

first off, yes, i HAVE searched, i checked the first 4 pages every post, and i came CLOSE to figuring out my problem, but the theme i am using seems to not apply to that thread, so unfortunatly i need to ask a quick few questions here.

first off....

Site: HERE Warning: Does Contain Moderate Adult Content.

it is currently locked down for improvements, so a username/pass will be needed to access it, but i cannot give it out openly here :)

Theme: Igames

Question:

ok! i run the igames theme, i recently decided (after users voted for it) to add a few ad's to the gallery, now i discovered how to add it the bottom of the page quite easily, but i have not been able to discover WHERE in the code to properly add 2 skyscraper ad's, 1 on each side of the intermediate picture view.

parts i got confused at were #1 i hear a mention about making a "custom theme", but before studying into that, wished to figure out if it's needed for my situation.

#2 is to where exactly i would add the "code" for these 2 ad's to display, or if i need a custom theme of some form, a quick explination of what i need to add, and where.

i know again this is common, but i could NOT find any resolution to my issue via search, so i am sorry to post another question about this :P i will go study this custom theme part now, and see if i can resolve that part my self.

ty

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Adsense and skyscraper question. (common i know)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 08:44:42 am »

What's wrong with the thread "Adding 2 skyscraper banners in intermediate view"?
parts i got confused at were #1 i hear a mention about making a "custom theme", but before studying into that, wished to figure out if it's needed for my situation.
Read up http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#theme_create

Scias

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 10:02:00 am »

ty, i got that part. now, using the theme i mentioned, would i be needing to add any "missing" parts to this new theme, so i may add the "ad's"? or do i just need to learn where to put it in the theme as the code is now?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 10:10:20 am »

If a section that needs editing doesn't exist in your custom theme, copy the corresponding section (and only that section) from the sample theme (themes/sample/theme.php) into a new line before
Code: [Select]
?>of your custom theme (themes/yourtheme/theme.php). Then apply the modification. That's what is being explained in the docs. That's why I told you to read up the docs.

Scias

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 11:27:52 pm »

sigh..i guess you didnt understand my question. seriously, your such a miserable git, you should retire off the forums, the other "admins" do better...ill just try to piece together scatter info into a answer i can use.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 08:41:38 am »

sigh..i guess you didnt understand my question.
Then why don't you re-phrase it and post it once more, clarfying what your issue is?
seriously, your such a miserable git, you should retire off the forums, the other "admins" do better...ill just try to piece together scatter info into a answer i can use.
You're welcome to start answering questions of others and become a supporter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.