Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't log in?  (Read 3230 times)

vlievds

• Coppermine newbie
Can't log in?
« on: February 02, 2008, 11:46:15 am »

I'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask this. I've tried searching for the answer but I couldn't find anything helpful.

I am having trouble logging in to any Coppermine gallery. Whenever I log in (it doesn't matter which site's gallery I go to - I am having this problem with ALL Coppermine galleries that require registration to view images), it first looks like it has worked, but when I then try to go to the album home, it takes me back to the log in screen and when I then log in again, it tells me that I am already logged in. Yet I can not access any other pages than the log in screen.

- I have this problem with both Firefox and Internet Explorer
- I have cleared cookies/cache numeral times, I even re-installed my browser, but nothing helped
- I only have this problem on my own laptop, when I used a friend's computer, logging in with my user info worked fine (and my friend was using my internet connection at the time, so it is definitely a problem with only my laptop)
- I use the Windows firewall (Windows Vista) but I can't seem to find anything wrong with the settings that would explain this
- Coppermine galleries are the only thing I am having problems with, all other sites (sites that require logging in too) are working fine

And I haven't always had this problem with my laptop. This only started about 2 months ago, but I can't for the life of me remember what I did back then that could've changed this.

I really hope someone can help me, thanks very much!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Can't log in?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 11:55:04 am »

Probably a third-party-application on your client is interfering - pseudo-security-apps like the notorious "Norton Internet Security" and similar crap comes to mind. Temporarily disable such an app if you have it to see if this fixes your issues. If this helps, re-enable that app and configure it not to interfere with cookies.

vlievds

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 12:04:22 pm »

I don't use Norton or anything like it  ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 12:45:02 pm »

If you're the owner of one of the galleries you're having issues with: post a link to one of the galleries and a non-admin test user account.
If you're not the owner, contact the owner of those galleries.

vlievds

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 12:51:00 pm »

I'm not the owner, and I don't think contacting the owners would be of much use, as it happens with EVERY Coppermine gallery I've ever visited. It's clearly a problem with the settings on my laptop somewhere, but I just can't figure out what it is exactly.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 12:55:09 pm »

Review your cookie settings (browser), your system time (there mustn't be a great difference between your client's date/time and the date/time of the webservers) and your third party apps that might interfere (some virus scanners are actually multi-purpose apps that have content filtering for the www as additional feature).
I'm sorry, but this board is not meant for end users, but for people who run and maintain a coppermine gallery on their webserver. Therefor, we can't give you any more support. Do as I suggested and ask a site owner for details - it's beyond the scope of this board to fix your client.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.