Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: deleting ALL comments at once  (Read 4741 times)

LuthienMoss

deleting ALL comments at once
« on: January 13, 2008, 11:26:50 pm »

I have 5000 SPAM comments and I'd hate to have to delete them usng the cpanel, meaning I'd have to click 50 times ... Would it be possible, with a single click, delete them ALL?

Nibbler

Re: deleting ALL comments at once
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 12:01:34 am »

Empty the comments table using phpmyadmin.

LuthienMoss

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 01:03:35 am »

I already did it and ti doesnt seem to work. I logged into PHPMyAdmin, chose the "cpg143_comments" table, and cliked "EMPTY". However, when I return to the gallery, the comments are still there.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 01:52:59 am »

Make sure you are looking at the right database. Check by reading the name from include/config.inc.php.

LuthienMoss

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 06:48:11 pm »

Hmm ... I tried, but when I try to open the database I get this error

#1203 - User 'databasename' already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

What could this mean?  ???

LuthienMoss

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 06:56:25 pm »

I managed to access the database, and I did as instructed, but it didn't help. The thousands of spam comments are stil there, whilst phpMyAdmin tells me the database IS emptied (see attached). This is really confusing me  :o :-\

LuthienMoss

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 12:43:24 am »

sorry to be posting again but now Im desperate. Last time I checked I had over 40 000 (forty thousand!!!) spam comments! I received a complaint from Google Adsense threatening to ban my account unless I changed my content (which was apparently adult content) I am assuming they are referring to all the nasty links the SPAM comments contain.  So I really really really need to get rid of the comments, and deleting all 40 000 manually isn't even an option, I'd take me way too long.

Please anyone?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 07:38:01 am »

Make sure that you're editing the right table. After emptying the comments table using phpMyAdmin, all comments should be gone. If this is not the case (you can easily check in coppermine's frontend), you have emptied the wrong table. Review.

LuthienMoss

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 02:01:14 pm »

Thanks for yoru reply!

I am pretty sure I have emptied the right table - if you take a look at my attachment, I've marked the table I've emptied (cpg143_comments). It also says "Rows: 0" and "Size: 1,0Kib". So it looks pretty empty to me, but, the SPAM comments are still there. This is really confusing me. Is there something wrong with my phpAdmin?

Someone else having the same problems?!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 03:26:26 pm »

Edit include/config.inc.php with a plain text editor, find the line that starts with
Code: [Select]
$CONFIG['dbname'] =and the line that starts with
Code: [Select]
$CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] =and post the full content of those two line here. Do not post the rest of the file!

tuxsoul

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
    • blog
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 01:12:45 am »

Hi, may be do like read about cpg-dnsbl (gpl project), to block spam, more info here:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,50081.new.html

Greeting's  ;).
¿do you like my comment?, gift me one bitcoin: 1266FWznbEW1uLNPsLU9ATBxGuM1U19thB
bitcoin pay forward project: 15pjRCNT2CpzVo7HQ6b6r4q18Vv4Da7y9K
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.