Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Annoying duplicates issue  (Read 7488 times)

Loki66

• Coppermine novice
Annoying duplicates issue
« on: January 08, 2008, 06:22:38 pm »

With the latest release of CPG, I discover a new bug !

Before, some files having strange names were ignored and you had to run the upload twice so that the file name is correctly converted.

Now, CPG just add duplicates of the same image. For instance, a file called "Dragon - Green_031.jpg" will be renamed Dragon_-_Green_031.jpg with two instances of the same image.

After spending some time to locate the duplicates, I tried to delete one of them but it was impossible, you have to delete both pics then reupload again, a very time-consuming process .... It would be better to have the files ignored ...

I know Gogo and the like are going to scream and give me bad karma - but this is truly a shortcoming !   :-[

Any idea where is the code to correct that ?

LK
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 06:58:47 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Annoying duplicates issue
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 06:58:29 pm »

With the latest release of CPG, I discover a new bug !
Not a valid test report! What's "the latest release" for you? There's a reason why we provide version numbers. Additionally, you failed to post details about the upload method you tried and the operating system and webserver you tried with.

Before, some files having strange names were ignored and you had to run the upload twice so that the file name is correctly converted.
Tried to replicate this on my testbed, both using http uploads as well as batch-add. Both times everything worked as expected, without the flaw you reported.

I know Gogo and the like are going to scream and give me bad karma - but this is truly a shortcoming !   :-[
Actually, my nickname is "GauGau", not "gogo". Apart from that: we're not going to "scream" if someone files a valid bug report, or tries to report a potential bug. No, actually we're quite fond to hear feedback from our users and especially bug reports are very welcome. However, as I pointed out above, yours doesn't qualify as a valid bug report.

Loki66

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 12:03:54 am »

1.4.13 (just one release late because of some mod) running on Linux and the dupes appeared with batch upload. I know there has been some change in the way those files are handled. I noticed it even tried to add ~0 to some files with a blank space at the end .. I will make more tests with debug and upgrade if you tell me there was some changes in the latest release.

Thanks,

LK

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 12:53:53 am »

The testbed I tried to replicate your report is Ubuntu7.10 + Apache2 + cpg1.4.15 svn checkout.
Post details for a real report - a deep link to the album that contains the duplicates might help.
Reports for outdated versions are invalid. cpg1.4.13 falls into that category. Modded versions fall into that category as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.