Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Scroller - based on ???  (Read 29149 times)

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
    • muvipix - Music | Video | Pictures
Image Scroller - based on ???
« on: December 04, 2007, 03:36:59 pm »

http://gallery.rphmedia.net/scroller.html

Still refining/testing. I just like the smoothness of this one.

• Scrolls auto when all (unlimited) images are loaded - currently at 20
  • Show Title (optional)
  • Center image links to Intermediate
  • PHP/XML file will have limited customization (eg., title on/off)
  • Can be accessed and displayed from anywhere on your domain (if your server supports crossdomain policy)

Give me a few days to detail everything.

Known issue - Firefox will not allow background transparency for some odd reason; still researching why (the background would simply have to match your theme background)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 08:53:46 am by GauGau »

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
Re: Image Scroller - based on ???
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 02:08:01 pm »

Testing complete.

1. Same as most of my mods, drop the 3 files (scroller.php, scroller.swf, AC_RunActiveContent.js) to the root of your gallery
2. Modify the Flash script (example inside scroller_example.htm) to indicate the absolute path to scroller.php on your server
3. Include the script in your anycontent (or for the advanced, put the script anywhere on your site)

That's it.

I will take a limited amount of custom requests, if my time permits. I'll subject line it with the custom attachment.

The images are currently 160x120 and the exact dimension of the Flash file is 900x400 (most users, I believe, are 1024x768 display resolution or greater). You could probably adjust it minimally without too much distortion. Currently, the scroller.php picks up the last 20 images loaded to your gallery (respects private albums). You can change this to whatever you like (eg., ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 20, specific album, etc).

If I forgot anything, let me know. Enjoy !

rubenix

• Coppermine novice
    • Rubrenix Gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 06:58:02 pm »

I really love this one!! I was using the scroller based on itunes before but doesn't link the image. I prefer this one!!Nice

I just changed the following line to the db query in scroller.php to

Code: [Select]
$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} AS p WHERE filename LIKE '%.jpg' ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 15");
in order to select random pictures instead of the last updated ones.

I thought that would be useful to users who wants this implemented on their site.

Thanks for this lovely scroller  ;)

BTW: i really loved the scroller based on itunes but didn't know how to link the pics to the gallery otherwise I won't switch!!

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 07:05:35 pm »

Quote from: rubenix
BTW: i really loved the scroller based on itunes but didn't know how to link the pics to the gallery otherwise I won't switch!!

Image Scroller - Based on iTunes [link to Intermediate]

rubenix

• Coppermine novice
    • Rubrenix Gallery
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 07:44:47 pm »

WOW!! very interesting scroller now!! I just switched back to 'scroller based on iTunes' with the link feature; much better indeed.

Just missed that post; thats what happens when u don't keep an eye on the forum...  :-X

I may keep the new scroller to switch at any time in order to change the look of it; Thanks so much again!!

For some reason ( and it happens to ALL the scrollers I tested ) when I change the language of the gallery the scroller doesn't show up on all them.
Works for english and spanish languages. Doesn't show in catalan nor italian, do you know why?? I think I asked that before but didn't get an answer...

Thanks even if you don't have a clue why this happens!! Luv your work anyway...

rubenix

• Coppermine novice
    • Rubrenix Gallery
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 09:39:02 pm »

Nevermind, I just changed the behavior of the site forcing everyone to browse it in english language as everybody should learn it  :P

Thanks again!!

jake

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 01:19:38 am »

I seem to be having the same problems with this mod as I was having with the "Image Scroller - Based on iTunes [link to Intermediate]"
My thumbnails (max aspect 100 pixels) seem to be smaller than the space provided within the .swf.  The .swf seems to be stretching the photos to fit the space, which in turn distorts the photos.  Even when I scale down the .swf in the .htm file, the thumbnail images appear distorted.  Is there any way to fix this?
I have a couple of modifications.
1.   I’ve modified the .php file to include random pictures from all of my albums (.php file from your "flowNoScale.zip") as opposed to the last photos downloaded.
2.   On the "Image Scroller - Based on iTunes [link to Intermediate]" I’ve used your "no_resize_flow_link.zip" (ideally I would have the same thing going on with the "Image Scroller - based on ???")
Here are my links:
http://woodardphotos.net/coppermine/scroller_example.htm
http://woodardphotos.net/coppermine/flow_link_example.htm

Again, I would like to thank you for all of the time you have been spending - both developing these amazing mods and trying to help me out!
- Jake

jake

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 02:40:36 am »

OK, with a little experimenting I think I’ve answered one of my own questions, but created several others.
I resized the thumbnails in one of my albums to a max aspect of 160 pixels, then pointed the slider.php to that album.  Low and behold the resolution cleared up markedly.
See the difference:
http://woodardphotos.net/coppermine/scroller_example.htm
http://woodardphotos.net/coppermine/scroller_example2.htm

So my next questions would be:
1.   Will we see a no-resize version of this?  Your “flowNoScale.zip” perfectly fit my needs for the variety of photos sizes I have.  See this post:  http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=48822.msg237259#msg237259
2.   And if so, how would I resize my thumbnail images?  Because of the variety of image sizes, should I have a max width of 160 pixels or a max height of 120 pixels?
3.   And finally, would it be possible to adjust the way that the thumbnails are displayed in the .swf to a max aspect of 100 pixels so I don’t have to resize 5000+ photos?

Once again, thanks for all of your help!
- Jake

jesusarmy

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 11:24:59 am »

These mods are brilliant!

However, I found that the titles displayed as (for example) "Mountains" wallpaper.

To fix, in scroller.php, add change:
$xml .= "<image><path><![CDATA[" . $path . get_pic_url($row, $type) . "]]></path><description><![CDATA[" . $row['title'] . "]]></description><data><![CDATA[" . $path . "displayimage.php?pos=-" . $row['pid'] . "]]></data></image>";

To:
$xml .= "<image><path><![CDATA[" . $path . get_pic_url($row, $type) . "]]></path><description><![CDATA[" . html_entity_decode($row['title'],ENT_QUOTES) . "]]></description><data><![CDATA[" . $path . "displayimage.php?pos=-" . $row['pid'] . "]]></data></image>";
(adding the function add html_entity_decode())

Update: modified further to allow for single quotes as well as double
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:27:58 pm by jesusarmy »

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 12:41:00 pm »

@Jake - If you have many different aspect ratio thumbnails, then this mod probably isn't for you. If I were to allow scaling, it just wouldn't look right because of the nature of the presentation. It seems some of your thumbs are pixelated, maybe the quality setting in config?

@jesusarmy - thanks for the code contribution.

jesusarmy

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 11:44:57 am »

Two things:

(a) I can't see how to turn the titles off (Post 1 says Show Title is optional)

(b) Is there any way to change the target of the link to "_top", so this will work in a frame?

I'm spoilt for choice now, and I'm hard pushed to decide which of your scrollers is the best.  ;D

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 12:49:46 pm »

To remove the titles, find <description></description> in the PHP file and remove everything between those tags.

I've attached a new flow_link.swf that targets "_top" when clicked.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 04:24:40 pm by rphMedia »

jesusarmy

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 04:06:52 pm »

That was very quick. Full marks for your speed!    :)

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but this thread is about scroller not flow_link :(

Any chance of the same thing, but with scroller.swf?

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 04:25:44 pm »

Correct you are... my apologies.

jesusarmy

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 05:34:36 pm »

Many thanks

dke

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 12:38:01 pm »

Great work! Would like to see something like this for the film strip, that would be cool :)

wk1168

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 07:19:54 am »

great job there! i love to use the one which target _top... i can implement this anywhere across my website without the need of messing each page's coding.. i just need to insert a iframe that points to the page in the gallery..

thanks alot!

Heroe

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • abroadbg.com
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 12:45:52 am »

Is it problem to have both MODs on my site   Image Scroller - based on ??? with Image Scroller - Based on iTunes [link to Intermediate] i have in the header ????

:)

peterpiper812

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 01:07:03 am »

I know this is an old mod but maybe you could consider making it possible to pass params to the flow.php, scroller.php, flow_link.php etc.

'FlashVars', 'xmlPath=http://woodardphotos.net/coppermine/flow_link.php?limit=10&cid=1', <!--Absolute path to 'flow.php'-->

Thank you for your time and this great mod!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.