Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shared files (one image, multiple albums)  (Read 6526 times)

Tag of Fire

• Coppermine newbie
Shared files (one image, multiple albums)
« on: January 07, 2008, 10:58:40 pm »

A part of this issue has come up several times.

When you link a file from one album to another, it differs from the images actually uploaded in that album. You can't use the image for a thumbnail or view it inside that album, for when you click on the thumbnail is simply redirects you to its original album.
This is quite logical ofcourse actually, since the file is just linked and in no way actually part of the album in which you saw its thumbnail.

My suggestion is to add an option to actually share the file between several albums, rather than just showing it. Multiple albums, simply said, without making one album the 'base', 'standard' or 'main' album for that image.
So that one image is part of multiple albums, while sharing the main properties of that image (such as comments and additional info).

Simply put, instead of just linking or duplicating the image adding an option that makes it possible for it to be in more than one album.

I hope I explained this right, I don't know if everything I said here is clear enough to make sense. ^^
Thanks for taking your time to read this through and consider it.

mikesalway

• Coppermine novice
Re: Shared files (one image, multiple albums)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 07:20:58 am »

I think this is a good idea.

Many photo-categorisation software allows you to choose more than one category/album that a picture belongs to.

For example, an image can be of a sunset and belong in a landscapes album and a sunrise/sunset album. (just an example).

Tag of Fire

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 06:24:03 pm »

Good to see someone shares my thoughts on this. ^^

The entire reason I would be using Coppermine would be useless without this function, so in return I haven't gotten to set up the albums at all, safe from categorizing everything using ACDSee. ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 12:32:31 pm »

Well, what keeps the devs to implement this: the overall design of coppermine would have to be changed, which would mean that the entire galllery would have to be re-coded from scratch. This probably won't happen, so this request probably will remain wishfull thinking, no matter how many users will ask for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.