Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Latest images uploaded > Last albums updated  (Read 3942 times)

Hanna.

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • webstar
Latest images uploaded > Last albums updated
« on: January 05, 2008, 06:07:46 am »

There's a script for this thing (latest images uploaded), but is there one for the updatings in albums. A site I visited seem to have it & the links were like:

http://www.mary-winstead.org/pictures/displayimage.php?pos=-4623
http://www.mary-winstead.org/pictures/displayimage.php?pos=-4602

How can i display the latest updated albums on another page which links the same way as this above..? Thanks in advance :D

Apologetic3x

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Latest images uploaded > Last albums updated
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 12:30:58 pm »

Why is it everywhere I go, no one wants to answer this damn question......I'd like to know how to modify coppermine to display 'last updated albums'
on the front page of the gallery and I've seen this question asked on different forums online and no one answers .....ANYWHERE....

what is it top secret? Will someone have to be killed if its found out. Is it only available in some secret club  ::)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 03:13:55 pm »

Usually, if nobody answers, there are several possible resons. We have summed them up on the FAQ-page under the heading "I've posted my question a while ago, but nobody answers. What the...?". As you appear a lazy person that doesn't read first and post then, let me quote that section for you:
The support board is not a hotline. Although there are many visitors to the site, only a few do actually support - on a unpaid, voluntary basis. Yes, we don't receive remuneratio for our contributions and we each have a life, a job, family and more. We are away sometimes, as well. So, please, be patient, read the docs and search the boards while you are waiting.
If you don't get an answer to your question:
  • make sure you have given us enough time to react (days, not hours!)
  • maybe nobody knows the answer to your problem
  • maybe your question has been asked very often
  • maybe your posting has been rude or impolite and you're ignored for that reason
  • maybe you requested a feature that requires a lot of coding, and none of those who are able to do it have a need for the feature
As you can see, there's no secret club here. It's just that nobody knew the answer or wasn't ready to answer.

Behaving like you did won't win you friends here nor will it make it more likely that supporters will be willing to look into your issues if you are so confrontational.

I went through your previous postings and can't find a similar request posted by you. Why are you so mad at us? Just wanting a feature may not be enough, there is no guarantee that it will be coded for you.
Actually, in cpg1.5.x this is going to be addressed, where the relative pos attribute will be replaced by the absolute pid (see Question to displayimage URLs and various similar postings), which will lead to permanent URLs. As I can already see your next question ("Where can I get cpg1.5.x"), here's the answer for that as well: there is no release available yet - you're encouraged to read the preliminary docs for cpg1.5.x and perform a subversion checkout to get the source code.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:26:39 pm by Joachim Müller »

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
  • I am currently on holiday, back in a few weeks. :D
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 04:23:22 pm »

Why is it everywhere I go, no one wants to answer this damn question......I'd like to know how to modify coppermine to display 'last updated albums'
on the front page of the gallery and I've seen this question asked on different forums online and no one answers .....ANYWHERE....

what is it top secret? Will someone have to be killed if its found out. Is it only available in some secret club  ::)

When you update an album the time is not stored, therefore, you will need to cross-compare the time of the images being uploaded, fetch the album id from there and then produce a list from the DB. However, it will produce duplicate results if you have uploaded more that one image.
Tambien, Hablo Español      PHP - Achieve Anything
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

Apologetic3x

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 10:24:18 pm »

Usually, if nobody answers, there are several possible resons. We have summed them up on the FAQ-page under the heading "I've posted my question a while ago, but nobody answers. What the...?". As you appear a lazy person that doesn't read first and post then, let me quote that section for you:As you can see, there's no secret club here. It's just that nobody knew the answer or wasn't ready to answer.

Behaving like you did won't win you friends here nor will it make it more likely that supporters will be willing to look into your issues if you are so confrontational.

I went through your previous postings and can't find a similar request posted by you. Why are you so mad at us? Just wanting a feature may not be enough, there is no guarantee that it will be coded for you.
Actually, in cpg1.5.x this is going to be addressed, where the relative pos attribute will be replaced by the absolute pid (see Question to displayimage URLs and various similar postings), which will lead to permanent URLs. As I can already see your next question ("Where can I get cpg1.5.x"), here's the answer for that as well: there is no release available yet - you're encouraged to read the preliminary docs for cpg1.5.x and perform a subversion checkout to get the source code.

Im not lookin for friends son and I haven't asked a question about anything here in probably over a year or more so that just blows right by me. The person who started this question asked this question and I noticed no response, and found it strange that on here and other areas I've searched where this was asked, no response. Notice you the person before me asked this in January, nobody said anything until I made my comment and I'm sure that was only responded to so you can give me life lessons on my "behavior".......Sorry if I came off rude but I'm a little tired of trying to find this out and getting no where.

And no my next question was not going to be about 1.5.x.........I don't care about it. Whenever there are updates released, I update, I don't keep up with it on a daily basis. I've been hearing about that 1.5.x for friggin 2 years and haven't seen it yet so whenever it shows up in this lifetime, I'll upgrade, otherwise I'm not waiting with baited breath about it. Thanks anyway though!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.