Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom fields for image description  (Read 3547 times)

pcinfoman

• Coppermine novice
Custom fields for image description
« on: January 04, 2008, 06:35:18 pm »

I have the latest version of Coppermine installed and let me say that is is very awesome!! The perfect fit for my needs.

I have used up all the "Custom fields for image description" tho and need to create a new one. Can somebody please tell me how to do this?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 07:53:50 am by Joachim Müller »

adipisicing

• Coppermine novice
Re: Custom fields for image description
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 07:56:49 pm »

There's a mod that allows you to do this. I've never used it personally, but it looks like it does exactly what you want.
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=23695.0

Note that mods have to be reapplied after you upgrade to a new version of Coppermine.
Unless otherwise noted, all code that I post on these forums to which I hold the copyright is released under the GPLv2.

pcinfoman

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 08:59:59 pm »

That mod would do the trick. However, it is way to big for my needs. I am just looking to add 1 more custom field. I do not anticipate needing more than that. Is there a way to just add 1 field instead of doing that huge mod?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 11:48:50 am »

Is there a way to just add 1 field instead of doing that huge mod?
No.

pcinfoman

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 06:48:36 pm »

A very short and rude answer there buddy.

pcinfoman

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 10:24:36 pm »

Does anybody have a "Helpful" answer to my question?

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
  • I am currently on holiday, back in a few weeks. :D
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 10:37:15 pm »

Maybe the image description fields only appear when they are active, so even though the mod may create 15 or so fields; if you write in one field then it may not show the others. Bit hard to expalin, hope you understand. I havnt tried this, its just an idea...
Tambien, Hablo Español      PHP - Achieve Anything
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 08:36:06 am »

A very short and rude answer there buddy.
I agree that it's short, but what's so rude about it? ::)
OK, the full answer should have been "I'm terribly sorry, but no: there is no easier method". Would that have been more helpfull? It's just needs more typing. I'm trying to be economic with my typing, since I type a lot.
It doesn't matter what number of custom fields you're trying to add (be it one or 15 more fields) - you'll have to apply the changes mentioned in that mod, simply because there is code that relates to custom fields in so many places all over the script. It won't get easier than that. There's no point in just wanting things to be easier - that's just whishfull thinking. Unless Tinkerbell will come along and just move the magic wand and make things easier for you, you'll have to apply the hack discussed or you will have to run with what is available (i.e. the exact number of custom fields that exist in coppermine's core code.
Accusing me to be rude just because I post short answers, forcing me to justify what I said is rudeness on your side. It makes it less likely that I'm willing to look into any future issues that you might come up with, that's all.

pcinfoman

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 05:50:35 pm »

I agree that it's short, but what's so rude about it? ::)
Well, in my experience, when one answers a question with such a short, abrupt answer, they are just not willing to be bothered and it would be better to not answer the question at all.

Accusing me to be rude just because I post short answers, forcing me to justify what I said is rudeness on your side. It makes it less likely that I'm willing to look into any future issues that you might come up with, that's all.
You do what you have to do. I will keep posting questions. However, of your answers are always going to be this abrupt (with no explanation at all), you might as well not post at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.