Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limit Number Of Albums  (Read 2233 times)

ddiamant

• Coppermine newbie
Limit Number Of Albums
« on: January 13, 2008, 09:02:14 am »

Hello Forum Members,
I've been configuring CPG for the past couple of weeks, have read the docs, spent hours in the forums, etc. I have created a free gallery section for registered users at my site.

I'd like to know if there's a way to restrict registered users to allow the creation of 1 album per user only.  I'd like them to be able to create 1 album and have the ability to upload approximately 10 photos to the album they create.  I understand the number of photos will be determined by the variables I set in the admin config page.  If I can restrict each user to 1 album that will satisfy my concerns about disk space conservation over a long period of time as more users sign up.

Best wishes, and thank you for this wonderful gallery.

Diana
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 07:48:45 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Limit Number Of Albums
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 01:11:33 pm »

I'm not aware of a hack that allows you to specify only one album, nor is there a hack that allows you to restrict user to a certain number of uploads. What's wrong about the group quota? It will do exactly what you're up to: restrict webspace usage.

ddiamant

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Limit Number Of Albums
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 11:39:43 pm »

Hello Joachim,

Thank you for the information.  I'll do some calculations to determine approximately how many images correspond to a quota I will set in the group quota section.  I saw in my research at your CPG forums the "formula" for dertiming this information, so I'll find it again and see if it helps.  If I remember, the "formula" is only a guide for an estimation, and depends on other user-determined actions.  But it doesn't have to be exact.  I just want to make sure that my server doesn't end up with all its disk space allocated to gallery images.

I'll include instructions on the registration page stating that although users can create multiple albums, the number of images in each album will be limited by the group quota value.

Thank you for the excellent contribution to the open-source community.

Diana
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.