Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: change size of thumbs for gallery! NEED HELP!  (Read 4085 times)

Keti

• Coppermine newbie
change size of thumbs for gallery! NEED HELP!
« on: January 04, 2008, 12:34:02 am »

Hello, Happy New Year! I need help!

I need to change the size of the thumbs in a gallery but I don't know how I can edit width and height of thumb-files. I need 70*80 trumb-size. What and where I need edit? Can you help me?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 10:18:21 am by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: change size of thumbs for gallery! NEED HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 12:50:23 am »

Normally you would change the thumb size in config and then use admin tools to rebuild your existing thumbs. If you want them to be a specific size in both dimensions then that's more difficult.

Keti

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 12:58:29 am »

It is impossible? I would like what my thump-files looks like here - http://evasource.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=140

Keti

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 01:02:33 am »

Like that:
[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked image with attachment [/Edit]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:40:57 am by Joachim Müller »

Keti

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 02:42:02 am »

No one can't help me?

Keti

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 06:40:45 am »

Please, how I can fix size thumb-files in theme.php ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 07:42:27 am »

You specify the thumb size in config, that's what Nibbler told you and that's what the site you refer to does as well. They always upload images with the same widt/height ratio, that's why all thumbs look the same.
If you need automatic thumb cropping, take a look at Stramm's modpack.

Keti

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 08:38:27 am »

I can make thumb files but I can't install width and height of thumb in coppermine gallery, i need 80*60 pixels

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 08:50:57 am »

Look: out of the box, you can only specify a fixed width or height in coppermine. If you specify 80 pixels as max dimension, an image with original resolution 800 x 600 will be resized to 80 x 60 as a thumbnail. But what happens if the original image you upload is 800 x 700? The resulting thumbnail would be 80 x 70, so it would have to be cropped by 5 pixels at the left and 5 pixels on the right. Coppermine doesn't come with thumbnail cropping out of the box. That's where Stramm's modpack comes into play: you have to look at the documentation for Stramm's modpack, download the package and apply (install) it as suggested in the docs (the modpack docs, that is). Then (and only then) coppermine will have the additional capability to crop thumbnails. However, this can be a tricky thing: if you have thumb cropping enabled, what happens if you upload an image with 800 x 2000 pixels that display a person? It will be resized to 80 x 200 thumbnail and then the thumbnail will be cropped, cutting 70 pixels from the top and 70 pixels from the bottom. The result may be a thumbnail where the face of the person has been "cut off" and only the chest being visible, which is not very attractive. Bottom line: thumb cropping will only work really well if you choose for one orientation (portrait vs. landscape) for all pics you upload. It will only work if you do as I suggested and apply Stramm's modpack.
If you're not ready to install the modpack and want to go with the "regular" coppermine install, you'll have to set 80 as maximum for thumbs and then make sure that you only upload images with portrait orientation and a fixed width:height ratio of 4:3. That's it. I can give you no other piece of advice.

Keti

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 09:30:11 am »

thank you, i try install Stramn modpack and all time gallery is nor working ' Fatal error, so I can't it
so what normal size for thumb in coppermine and then i shall write size?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 10:18:04 am »

Your "fatal error" is probably not related to the thumbnail size. Default dimension is "100" afaik. To figure out the reason for your fatal error can be found out about by enabling debug_mode in coppermine's config (if you can't access the config screen, read the tutorial "manually enabling debug mode" and do as suggested there). After enabling debug_mode you should get a detailed error message that should tell you what is wrong. If the error message isn't self-explanatory, start a new thread and post the error message there (not the debug_output!) together with a link to your gallery.
Marking this thread as "solved".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.